Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SPOTIFY DOES NOT WORK WITH RANGE ROVER INCONTROL APP

SPOTIFY DOES NOT WORK WITH RANGE ROVER INCONTROL APP

I'm very close to cancelling my spotify substription because of this ongoing issue. It all started when I updared my phone to ios 11. I have all of the latest updates for Spotify, Apple and Range Rover and it still does not run on the incontrol app. I can bluetooth the sound but I don't want to play with a phone while driving. I'm very frustrated with it all. Time wasted without a solution. Any insight?

11 Replies

I have the same problem with my Jaguar F Pace owned since april 2017. Bugs still the beginning, but until IOS 11, the desaster : unknown smartphone, or just beginning then crash during appairment. I'm sad and angry

Range rover‘s latest app update has cured my problem.

I've maid the same from Jaguar Apps on IOS Apple... but not result... 😞

I too have a Range Rover - please advise what update & app you refer too.

Currently still have to 'bluetooth' Spotify.

Many thanks

Welcome to the Spotify Community

@goldenbaseball What you can try doing is by disconecting your phone from the incontrol app and then reconnecting it back. Sometimes when you update devices that were connected to your car, you car might not have synced correctly to the car. 

Hopefully this solves your problem

Happy Listening

Keanu_C

If you liked the answer I gave you please give it a Like

If this answer helped you solve your problem please make it as Solved

Hi. What version of iOS are you on, also what iPhone ? 

I have a 2017 RRS SVR with incontrol pro. Everything is always updated to latest version and i can assure you it doesn’t work. 

It it crashes when trying to do anything, you can’t search or see your library and once you’ve connected to see all of this, you also lose the media library downloaded to the vehicle. 

Only way out is unplug everything, shut apps on phone and leave car off for 20 minutes. 

Why JLR didn’t go with Car Play like every sensible manufacturer, sorry every other manufacturer, I have no idea.  

Spotify completely crashes InControl for me.  The screen goes black and nothing I can do to fix it.  Music will continue, but screen goes black and can't be controlled.

Same with my RR Velar. Other Incontrol apps work fine. As soon as spotify is selected, Incontrol crashes and screen blanks. Unable to reconnect until car shutdown and restarted.

Please advise.

go to the garage and get the 2.0 update

It took me a year, buteverything is finally working !

a real pleasure !

I've a Jaguar F PACE but it's the same program

good luck to you ! 

Well, I went to the dealer and told them the issue.  They did some sort of software update.  The update fixed my bluetooth issues (I wasn't getting track data consistently before) but it did not fix Spotify.  Still crashes InControl, unfortunately.  Guess I'll just be using Bluetooth until this is fixed.  

Have you an Iphone ? mine si Iphone 7

Best regards

Suggested posts