Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SPOTIFY ONLY WORKING ON WIFI ON IPHONE 5

SPOTIFY ONLY WORKING ON WIFI ON IPHONE 5

I HAVE A FULL DATA  PLAN ON MY IPHONE AND THE APP IS ONLY WORKING ON WIFI, AS SOON AS I TURN OFF MY WIFI MUSIC STOPS PLAYING.

6 Replies

Hello there @alberticocadena - can you play from iTines Radio while off wifi?  Or Pandora if you have it installed?  And when you're off your wifi, does it read "LTE", "3G", or "E" in the iPhone's title bar?  And... sorry that I'm asking so many questions, but one more:  In your Spotify app, under Settings -> Music Quality, what setting do you have "Stream" set to?  This hopefully can  be solvable without much effort based on your answers.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I'm in pretty much the same boat. If I'm on Verizon LTE, even with a 5-bar signal, Spotify will panic while Pandora and iTunes work just fine. I tried changing quality settings, but no luck. I tried logging out and back in, and it accepts my credentials, but still won't work. I even tried deleting and reinstalling the app.

Radio and Search just show error messages. Browse semi-works, but it won't pull up any playlists.

Here's the funny thing: I was able to start a playlist on my home wifi from the car, then drove away, and the music kept right on playing all the way to my destination over LTE.

I am having same problem as original post with Sprint LTE on iPhone 5 with Spotify Premium. It says I am offline when I have full data/internet connection with other apps. Spotify only works with WiFi.

It is not in offline mode.

I have tried resetting network settings on my iPhone. Music quality is set to automatic though I've also tried it in normal. I have tried the solutions listed here under the iPhone tab, including reinstalling the app.

Please help as I only upgraded to Premium so I could listen away from home/WiFi.

I've had the same problem for the past few months and I still am not able to access spotify with my mobile data and without wifi. Same applies to any streaming programs (i.e. pandora). It sucks that I can't really enjoy Spotify outside of my home. Sometimes I just want to listen to it in my car but I cannot do so become of this problem. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? 

It took almost a year, but my Spotify app now works with my cellular data (LTE). I was never provided with a practical solution, but it is now working after downloading an update (Version 5.2.0) on my iPhone. So if you're having this problem make sure you have at least that version.

I still have this problem on my iPhone 5S even with latest iOS and spotify versions. It works only on wi-fi. Does anyone found a solution for this issue?

Suggested posts