Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Save a single song

Save a single song

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 😎

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I always used to be able to save a single song of an artist to my library. Since the new update it seems I have to save/like a complete album iso a single song. With many artists I just like one song and don’t like to be bothered with other songs. Is there still a way to accomplish an artist list with just the songs that I like?

2 Replies

Hi @Svbrussel

I understand your frustration here. Here is a page that will tell you about the changes with the update and how they work. 

I'd like to make sure that I'm understanding your issue correctly. From what I understand, you want to "like" singular songs instead of whole albums. To do this, tap the heart on the now playing screen when the song is playing or tap the three dot menu to the right of the  song title on the list of tracks. These will add them to your "Liked Songs" playlist. 

This is a terrible solution. It means I have to download thousands of songs that I don't like that much based on Spotify's less than good algorithms.  Their AI is really not intelligent at all.  Zune a decade ago with zero AI was better at introducing new music than Spotify has even been. So many times I feel like Spotify hate users that don't manage songs through play lists. It's not hard to do apps well but the whole music app industry is terrible at it. Spotify is terrible but slightly less terrible than the others. It's such a shame. I hope that they are ashamed enough to have some customer focus and realise that not everyone thinks like them all the time. They probably won't though, they are a product of their generation and their slavish love to the Apple "mummy knows best" model of app dev. Rant over as you, the OP (and not a Spotify employee) are probably the only people reading this 🙂  Thank you for reading if you got this far. 

Suggested posts