Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Saved songs not syncing across devices

Solved!

Saved songs not syncing across devices

I saved approximately 2000 songs from a playlist (named Synced Songs, which are actually local files) on the desktop, and thankfully all of that music showed up under "Your Music" within both the Songs and Artists categories on my iPhone. However, I cannot seem to retrieve these saved songs on my iPad. Although the original playlist I saved them from is available on the iPad, nothing is actually saved and therefore not showing up under "Your Music" within Songs and Artists. I have tried logging out and logging back in on my iPad to no avail. I don't understand why I can't get it to match what's on my desktop client and iPhone.

Take a look at the difference between how many more Artists there are on my iPhone beginning with "A" compared to the iPad.

20160106_051633000_iOS.png
20160106_051706274_iOS.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Well, I figured it out. I kept force closing and reopening Spotify on my iPad and after the third time, all my saved music appeared!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Have you tried checking to make sure you didn't close out the tool before your lists synced?

Also, have you checked to see if any of the songs you're trying to save from starred are local files not linked to the Spotify catalog? Local files can't be synced to Your Music.
BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, I had the iPad's Spotify open all night and connected to the same WiFi as the desktop version, which was also open. It was almost instantaneous on my iPhone.

Regarding your second point, the songs are available in the catalog because they appear on my iPhone even though I never made them available offline (storage issues). They stream perfectly.

Marked as solution

Well, I figured it out. I kept force closing and reopening Spotify on my iPad and after the third time, all my saved music appeared!

Suggested posts