Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Screen keeps freezing

Solved!

Screen keeps freezing

hope some of the experts on here can help, had a problem with screen freezing for a while now, sometimes it will sort itself out but for the last two hours problem will not go away.

image.png

the left side of the screen is freezing so I can't  select the song I'm searching for.

if i select a song on the right side of the screen it works fine and if I go into menu to playlist's radio etc the song will play.

If I switch Spotify off it will play on the search part for one song then do it again.

I have deleted Spotify numerous times, I have cleared cache using an app,

my memory is no where near full, can't see any other issues using new  IPad with the most recent IOS and have no problems on IPhone.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@MattSuda  Just a quick note to let you know, I applied for beta test app I while ago and just got it and I have no problems now, so it was the current  version of Spotify I presume was the problem.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

@MattSuda any ideas in this you seem the expert on here, it so far seems to have gone back to normal today and I've done nothing to fix problem ?

Hey @Shake-a-Hoof

Are you still having this problem?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes @MattSuda it's seriously annoying making Spotify unusable any help would be appreciated

Which iPad are you using and what is the version of the Spotify iOS app?

I am using a beta (future release) version of the iOS app on my iPad and it is working fine for me.

MattSudaSpotify Star

@MattSuda Air 2 and latest version of Spotify, have reinstalled a couple of times still doing same thing, presume it's not iPad issue as having no problems with other Apps

@Shake-a-Hoof

I tested on Air (1) and it's working fine.

Version 5.8 should be coming out soon. I suggest to try it with that version and see if you still have trouble.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

@MattSuda  Just a quick note to let you know, I applied for beta test app I while ago and just got it and I have no problems now, so it was the current  version of Spotify I presume was the problem.

@Shake-a-Hoof

Awesome! Glad to hear

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts