Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Searched song no longer plays next songs with same title in results?

Searched song no longer plays next songs with same title in results?

In previous versions of spotify, whenever you searched a song and played it, the next search result in the list would automatically play. After an update, now everytime I play a search result it plays me a radio station based on the song instead of next search result. Thought turning off autoplay would fix the issue, but that just doesn't play anything after the search result I clicked ends.

Always loved this feature to explore different versions of the song and different artists that have same titled songs. Help would be appreciated. 

(example on scenarios

Pre-update: searching and hitting play on "Blow Me Away" by Breaking Benjamin (first result), song ends, automatically plays next song result "Blow Me Away- Ft. Valora". 

Post-Update: "Blow Me Away" by BB ends and a radio opens featuring different rock artists)

Plan

Premium

Country

PR

Device

(iPhone 7 Plus)

Operating System

(iOS 12)

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hey @OmegaLion.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community, and sorry for the late response!

To answer your question: this is indeed a new feature on Spotify's part which was implemented with the latest version, so that if you search for a track and start playing, this will automatically play from Radio.

If you would like to have the original feature back, you can create an idea in the Ideas Exchange here and get others to vote for it. If it garners enough votes, then Spotify might consider implementing it!

Hope that helps. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with 🙂

Suggested posts