Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

(iOS 13.4)

My Question or Issue

When I search, specifically in my “Liked songs” the app crashes as soon as I try to type. This has been happening for the last several days, I tried restarting the phone, uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. My IOS is up to date. I even thought that maybe my keyboard was the issue, so I uninstalled my google Gboard keyboard and switched it to the iPhone keyboard. The same crashing happens. Help me please! I don’t want to switch to another app for music, but if I can’t even search for songs in my Library “Liked Songs” I might have to. I love Spotify premium, but I don’t want to pay for something that doesn’t work 🥺 

3 Replies

Hey @Inabelwetrust,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

You mentioned you already tried reinstalling Spotify to tackle this, but have you also tried a “clean” reinstall? 

If you haven't, check this Spotify Answer to find out how that works for your device and operating system. It'll provide you with a brand-new as well the most up-to-date version of the app.

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried doing the "clean install" from the steps provided. It did not work 😞

Hello, it seems I’ve had the same problem. I have tried uninstalling the app, which didn’t work. I’ve also tried the clean reinstall. I’ve done everything that I could think of, but every time I go back to search in my liked songs the app crashes and kicks me out. 

Suggested posts