Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Serious Bug: iPhone suddenly stops playing and switches to FireFox WebPlayer and also switches songs

Serious Bug: iPhone suddenly stops playing and switches to FireFox WebPlayer and also switches songs

Every few songs, my Spotify will switch to a random song in a random album or playlist and notify me Spotify is now playing through Firefox web player. I do not use Spotify on Firefox and do not listen to the type of music it selects. I am 99% sure this has nothing to do with someone else hijacking my account because the music is usually never very popular or follow a pattern.

I have already:
-logged out of all Spotify locations
-logged out of all facebook locations
-deleted all apps associated with Spotify
-deleted apps associated with facebook
-changed my facebook password

Relevant details:
Device: iPhone XR, iOS 12.2
Account: family plan/premium
Version: 8.5.7.601
Music quality: automatic

This is incredibly frustrating. I can no longer listen to Spotify because it changes songs so quickly. I have been a loyal customer for two years now, and I hope you can resolve my issue ASAP.
9 Replies

Same problem.  Driving me nuts.  Ready to quit Spotify Premium Family plan.  Not a happy camper.  HELP!!!

How in the F do you get help from Spotify? 

I also got this bug yesterday at 7pm (CET)
My iPhone Spotify account was focused on a Web Player that didn't even exist at this moment.

Is this a cache issue ?

I also had a similar issue with changing song > I "battled" with the other people (I don't even know who he was) with changing song and got messed up.

Hello @germainlefebvre

Thanks for getting in touch! No worries, we'll help so your account stays safe.

If you think someone might be messing with your account, be sure to change both your Spotify password (and your Facebook password). Then, log out everywhere on your Spotify account page (and your Facebook profile).

If this didn't help, or it did but your account has been messed with, take a look at this article. There you'll find additional help 🙂

Hope this will solve the issue! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Me too and it is driving me crazy!

This did not help my issue.
for example i will be in the car and it will stop playing. when i look at it, its stating its playing on webplayer chrome and has liked playlists ive never heard of. ive even tried to unfollow or unlike these playlists and it auto likes them again. ive changed passwords and forgotten all devices as well. still same issue.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

We'd suggest you give these steps a go so you can protect your account. It's also a good idea to remove the access of a third-party app.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried all this and it continues to be an issue.

Hey @VisComm85,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

In this case, we'd suggest you head here and contact our support team. The folks there can investigate this further and can give you more information about the issue.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts