Announcements

Settings has disappeared

Highlighted

Settings has disappeared

Casual Listener
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

The settings menu (cog) has vanished. I uninstalled and reinstalled which brought it back for a while (maybe a day) but now it has disappeared again.

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Settings has disappeared

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey @BillyGoat, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Can you let me know what device you're using, as well as the software version? Also, attach a screenshot of what you're seeing so I can take a look.

Thanks!

Billy-JRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I'm using an iPhone 8 Plus and operating system is iOS 13.7

Here's a screenshot.  As you can see, there is not settings cog.  My wife still has the cog on her iPhone 7 Plus.

Thanks.

Spotify.jpg
Highlighted

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey @BillyGoat,

Thanks for the screenshot and information!

You mentioned that you were on iOS 13.7. Your iPhone could be updated to the latest version by going to Settings > General > Software Update to see if that makes a difference. 

Also, can you let me know what iOS version is installed on your wife's iPhone? And could you try another, more thorough clean reinstall of the app following these steps?

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

My wife is using the latest iOS. I have now installed the latest iOS and the gear came back for a while but now it’s gone. 

For a clean reinstall I need to click on the gear and clear the cache. How?  The gear isn’t present. 

Highlighted

Visitor

I have exactly the same problem with iPhone XR and iOS 14 problem. So annoying. Just tried yet another fresh install. Cog came back. I setup everything as I like it again. I then quit the app, launched it again and cog missing again! 😡😡😡

Highlighted

Casual Listener

It's really annoying, I agree.  Looks like I will have to leave Spotify and go back to... well... I don't know!  What happens when a company has a monopoly and are not serving their customers?  I also don't understand why this is only affecting you and me.

SUGGESTED POSTS