Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Severe problems on my iPhone

Solved!

Severe problems on my iPhone

Hi there, (not-native english speaking, excuse me for my broken english)

At first, the problem was the random pausing of songs at around 1:30-1:50. Restarting the song kept it pausing at the same moment, and I couldnt find a option to listen the complete song. 

I've tried the advise given here before making a topic (check for other users who had the problem, etc.) and it advised to relog (problem still occuring) or even re-install the app on my mobile. 

Re-installing the app made everything worse. 

1) First of all, I still can't listen a song completly, it keeps pausing.

2) Whenever I start a song, I cant forward to any other song without the app refusing to play anyrthing. The only thing that worked was restarting the entire app and selecting the playlist or song again. Then it would be able to play until 1:30.

So, I cant listen a playlist any longer then 1:30. 

But that is when I'm in the only mode. Offline mode has died completely. 

Again, a full list of problems:

-I lost all the offline music when I re-installed the app. I cant get them offline again. App is simplely refusing to. I've tried so many things, checked the settings (firewall, uPnP), but even the old network I used to get my songs offline in the first place isnt working this time. I can add songs to my favorite, and when I make that playlist 'offline', it starts downloading songs for offline mode. However, songs are never avaible offline. The playlist itself keeps 'unchecking' the option for offline. I even checked to see if I had more then 3 things connected to my account. 

At this moment, spotify isnt working in any way for me. This isnt what I am paying for montly, so I cant get it fixed soon and without too much trouble, it's exit for my and my premium account. Listing offline music is the only reason why I'm willing to pay for it, so if that isnt possible ...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I would recommend uninstalling Spotify, updating to iOS 8.3, and re-installing the latest available version of Spotify. And just as a backup idea, I would duplicate the playlist you're attempting to sync, rename it as Test Playlist, and once you do all your updates, I would attempt to sync Test Playlist and see what happens.

Keep us posted! I hope we can fix this 🙂

// Jon

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there,

Man, that's got to be incredibly frustrating. I've encountered a few of the issues you mentioned, but it might help if you could give some additional info, such as:

• Which model iPhone do you own?
    iPhone 6/6Plus, 5/5c/5s, 4/4s, etc.

• Which version of iOS are you currently running?
    This info can be accessed from Settings » General » About » Version (iOS 8.3 is the most recent version).

• Do you have Spotify playlists synced offline on any other devices? If so, how many?

Again, I know how frustraing this can be; it took me a while before I got all of my offline music fully coordinated. Reply with some more info and I'll see if I can provide some more insight.

Cheers,

// Jon

iPhone 6, version 8.1.2 (will probably try to update that to see if it still bugs) and have a playlist synced to my macbook. Its the same playlist I want on my iphone, but it doesnt seem to work.

Marked as solution

I would recommend uninstalling Spotify, updating to iOS 8.3, and re-installing the latest available version of Spotify. And just as a backup idea, I would duplicate the playlist you're attempting to sync, rename it as Test Playlist, and once you do all your updates, I would attempt to sync Test Playlist and see what happens.

Keep us posted! I hope we can fix this 🙂

// Jon

Updating to 8.3 seems to have fixxed all the troubles. Thanks for your help! 

I still can't understand why using a fairly recent iOS version (8.1 isnt that old, right?) caused so much problem with Spotify. It was the only app the malfunctioned.  

So glad it worked!

Cheers,

// Jon

Suggested posts