Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Share of Operating Systems

Share of Operating Systems

Hi all,

Does anyone know / have hunch of the current installed base of Spotify app by mobile operating system. We were discussing about this topic recently and it would be nice to have some kind of educated guess (or maybe even actual facts) about the mobile devices / operating systems people are using.

Anything will help 😉

4 Replies

Just to be clear, what you are actually asking is: On how many mobile device operating systems can spotify be installed to / or has support to or such?

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Hi neo-X,

On how many mobile device operating systems can spotify be installed to / or has support to or such?

What I meant is that what is the distribution of installed base of spotify app. E.g. 30 % of the apps installed are installed on iOS, 40 % on Android etc.

Other way to calculate this is to get the total downloads from each store and then estimate somehow.

E.g. 6,000,000 iOS downloads, 12,000,000 Android downloads and so forth...

Well the install times wouldn't count much, since loads of people have reinstalled the client bunch of times, but I know what your saying, It would be great to have factual numbers up joined in telling the % of the market.

Well I'd say personally that Android userbase is larger and then iOS, Windows Phone to be a margin of it. I could be wrong tho 🙂

A lot of people get iCrap devices now-a-days. I got Spotify on 3 droid devices + my iPad + all computers (4)

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

You could count the installs from this year only and assume that all platform users will likely to install the software equal many times. At least that would tell something... Well, maybe I'll investigate a bit more if I'll have time 😛

Suggested posts