Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sharing a song in Spotify with non-Facebook users

Sharing a song in Spotify with non-Facebook users

Hello! I haven't found this answer on the web so I think this might be a new suggestion. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

I'm on the iOS mobile app, and I can't seem to share a song with my friends that have a Spotify account but not a Facebook. (I can do this on the desktop version just fine, but not the mobile.) I don't mean emailing or texting them, I mean that I can't send them a song directly in Spotify to their Spotify inbox. When I go to Share and then Spotify People, none of my friends' usernames show up. I theorize that this is because they don't have Facebook accounts.

Will someone at Spotify make sending Spotify users over mobile possible? Or maybe just to people who follow you? ...maybe you could separate people/artists you "follow" from your friends and create an exclusive "friends" list?

Thank you for your help and consideration!
--Katherine (RockingRoyalty)

107 Replies

I spent an entire afternoon with the awesome Spotify support team only to be told that this sharing function to non-Facebook users works on Desktop only and not the app. Hopefully they launch it for the app soon! Deleted Facebook and have so much time for others things like discovering new music!

One can only hope

It's a shame. Premium users get ignored for years for one of the most common feature in a modern community platform.
As this surely cannot be a technical issue it can only be a strange business decision and so will wait forever for this 'fix'.

Along with the also cancelled lyrics-feature I would instantly switch to deezer. Unfortunatly spotify connect delivers the better integration with google chromecast audio so far - and that's important to me.

C'mon guys sort this one out..

Paying for Family Preimum and my kid is not interested in facebook .. when could we get this basic feature working?

In my opinion this feature is crucial for a social networking music service in 2016.

As someone else stated before: This may be the killer feature that will eventually make me leave (premium family member).

If Spotify think they can thrive or at least survive turning down all the paying non-facebook members...  ok, then just go on like this!

Spotify - this is clearly driven by something other than a pure desire to help music lovers collaborate, I am a premium family subscriber and now when my wife sends me a song (which she still has the ability to do?) I don't receive it anywhere, inbox is gone etc.

I signed up with Spotify using unique credentials and no intention to connect with any other business, how can you justify retaining a basic feature from only a portion of "Premium" accounts unless we pass our private metadata with another company?  Making users hand over personal information to another company to use your product must come with it's own legal challenges.

Spotify better get ready for a post-facebook world.

It doesn't even work at all on the desktop!

If you actually try to send a song to a user you follow who doesn't have facebook the message disappears and doesn't go through. This is ridiculous!! 

Come on Spotify, get your act together and get the sharing-feature back to Spotify users (or at least to Premium users).

Why cant we share through spotify anymore?!!!!

We demand answers Spotify. You've let us all down.

Shame on you.

Shame on you!!!

Canceled my subscription. This is a pile of horse**bleep**.

with the newest update, not even the desktop version works anymore! 

Please get this feature back. I basicly signed up (premium) mainly for this feature. Therefor I am considering turning to another service...

Thanks in advance!

I didn't think it was possible - but sharing actually just got WORSE !

My friends and I are now actively seeking a spotify replacement.

It's really unbelieivable to watch a great product / service drive itself into the ground.  

Actually - does anyone here have a suggestion?

I'm on a mac/iphone.

My music buddy is on a PC/Android 

What are our other options?

Does anyone have any pros / cons on?

Apple Music ?

Google Play ?

Deezer ?

other ..... ????

Temporary solution: If you are like me and share with only two or three users create a collaborative playlist between you and the other user and drop songs in that you want to share.

Spotify cant get me to sign in with facebook! (and if they see this and ban collaborative playlists we know they're a bunch of sellouts!)

that is a good work-around but I still miss sending songs with notes attached and the ability to have conversations with other users so I REALLY hope they reintegrate this feature

I whole-heartedly agree. I have constantly found a great song and wanted to send it to a friend. I think it's a bit easier to send it through Spotify. I mean, for goodness sake, I'm already there!! Spotify really should make this an idea.

Is it really not possible to share a song in the desktop version anymore? What the **bleep**, Spotify!

Suggested posts