Sharing with friends who don't have Facebook accounts

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Sharing with friends who don't have Facebook accounts

Same problem here. 

Highlighted

I recently deleted my facebook. I have had a premium account with Spotify way before I linked it with facebook. Now I cannot send my friends anything from the app or on the desktop. This is the best part of Spotify, the social aspect. Please fix this! I tried the spotify:user:<username> , This works to find friends and follow or unfollow them, however, inserting this into the "enter friends" column when I select "share" returns a "sorry no results can be found." I can't send anything, unless I send the link to my email and email my friends now. The results cannot be found  is clearly not the case when I can search and find them that way, but cannot send them anything.

Please allow us the CHOICE to find friends/use Spotify's social setting and not force us into having a Facebook account. When I first started using Sportify, all I had to do was search someone's name and I could send them things. No Facebook.

Thank you,

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Thanks for your comments. I am just a user too with a similar concern.. I
cant fix this. This is a blog to discuss things, not a place to suggest
fixes. Sorry.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

To clarify, there is no way to share with spotify users, through spotify, unless your linked through facebook.

You have to copy urls, and them email them links?... That's lame!

So, just to clarify the problem we all have... When you click "send to" it does not specify "send to facebook friends".

After that, where it says "enter a friend's name", it would seem obvious and intuitive to be able to type the name of a follower or a person you are following.

Highlighted
Solution!

Casual Listener

HERE IS THE SOLUTION!!!!

1. The user that does not have a facebook account, must follow you. (You can't just follow them.)
  2. Uninstall and then reinstall spotify.

I'm not sure if you have to uniinstall and reinstall everytime you get a new follower, but it worked for my one friend that doen't use facebook.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Casual Listener
.... It took me about 8 emails back and forth with spotify customer service, but finally resolved the issue.
Highlighted

Brian, does this solution work for a user who does not have fb and is trying to send to another fb user?

Also, do both parties have to uninstall and reinstall first?

Finally, is this on mobile, or on desktop?

Thanks

Highlighted

Roadie

nomadj1s, you don't have to uninstall, just shut them down. This is what worked for me. (I'm not a Premium member either)

Find and follow the (non-Facebook) friend I wish to share with. 

Get my friend to find and follow me. 

We both close our Spotify apps (in this case was Spotify on the Mac)

Open my Spotify app again, I can now share with my friend by using Share, Send To... , and starting to type her username.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable
What if we both have Facebook accounts but we're work colleagues and don't want to be friends on Facebook?
Highlighted

OK? Care to share??? LOL

SUGGESTED POSTS