Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shazam stopped synchronising songs, the fix recommended by Spotify excludes old / previous songs

Shazam stopped synchronising songs, the fix recommended by Spotify excludes old / previous songs

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

A lot of users have had an issue with Shazam not uploading new songs to the Shazam playlist on Spotify. According to Spotify help, the way to fix this is to delete the Shazam playlist, disconnect spotify, then reconnect it.

From that point forward, only newly Shazamed songs appear on that playlist.

Spotify has responded to this by saying "this is why we recommend that you don't delete your playlist".

This is an issue for a lot of people, I'm quite surprised we are being fobbed off 

4 Replies

Hi @vitrioleater,

Thank you for posting on the Community. 

Certainly, currently it's not possible to synchronize previously Shazamed tracks. In this case, for issues with new Shazams the troubleshooting includes deleting the playlist and disconnecting both accounts.

However, you can make a copy of the playlist so you don't lose any of the previous tracks you had saved. After reconnecting the apps, you can restore the songs to the Shazam playlist.

Let us know how this goes. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This information would have been helpful BEFORE I deleted anything as instructed by Spotify.

I was advised by Spotify to do this a certain way, which I did. Now you are saying I should have done it differently. Instead of telling us what we should have done to avoid this problem we didn't know was there, how about you know, FIXING IT.

And, it is still not a real solution since the songs that you've Shazamed before discovering the problem, and that were *not* in your Spotify Shazam playlist yet, cannot be added to the Shazam playlist in any other way then manual or re-shazaming.

Yet. It’s still better than the supposed solution Spotify came up with lol (if you can even call it a solution).

Suggested posts