Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle Play is broken

Shuffle Play is broken

Either Shuffle Play is broken, or it was falsely advertised.

Shuffle Play for an artist lasts no longer than 3 to 4 songs before other artists are put it the mix. All Shuffle Play does is create a radio station based on artist.

Do you mind explaining this to me?
5 Replies

As the FAQ says......."When you press play you’ll hear a  mix of that album or artist plus similar tracks. You'll also receive some suggested tracks when listening to albums with less than 12 tracks". Take out a premium subscription and enjoy your music.

That's still incredibly disingenuous. Again, after the initial couple songs, it can take 45 minutes just to hear another from the intended artist.

If an album contains less than 12 tracks, pop those into a playlist and add some other music you like so that you have at least twelve tracks and play that. You'll reduce the added tracks that way.

My point is simple: don't advertise Shuffle Play if it is NOTHING more than an Artist-Seed Radio Station. Spotify already had the radio stations.

Advertising the same thing as Shuffle Play is simply bait-and-switch.

But it's not like Spotify is in the habit of being honest.

Shuffle play and radio are different things.

Shuffle play will shuffle the tracks in a playlist, artist page or album page. To prevent people from abusing the system and shuffling a small number of tracks to get an almost un-shuffled mode, the system will automatically add tracks if there are less than 12 on the playlist, artist/album page.

Artist radio will always play around 20% of the selected artist (from my experience) along with related tracks.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts