Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle and Repeat Greyed Out/Not Working in Windows 10 App (Premium)

Shuffle and Repeat Greyed Out/Not Working in Windows 10 App (Premium)

Sorry if this has been figured out but I searched for twenty minutes and didn't find this specific answer anywhere. This morning I opened my Spotify App on Windows 10 and found I couldn't select shuffle or repeat. The buttons were there, just greyed out. I restarted the app and the computer but it didn't solve it. I would have reinstalled the app but I thought I'd open the web player for the time being and see if it worked there. It did, and the Windows 10 app that was still running suddenly fixed itself as soon as I clicked shuffle in the web app. So I just closed the web app and the native app is working properly again now.
18 Replies

Hey @beagrie.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Nice to hear that the issue resolved itself. Be sure to let us know if the app starts acting up again.

Have a nice day 🙂

Thanks so much for posting that. I had been searching for the last 30 minutes on how to fix it, Worked perfectly!!

Hi @Guido,
Even when this simple solution does the trick, doesn't solve the root issue. I have the same problem several times and not always Im able to perform the workaround.
Are you aware of a way to resolve the problem?

Many thanks.

Had the same thing in the web app. Couldn't see the repeat/loop button. Clicked it on mobile app and the web app started showing it again 😞

This is a continuing issue.

Agreed.

Having to go to the app/web to fix this IS NOT a fix. It's a work around.

I'm currently staring at greyed out shuffle/repeat buttons in the Windows 10 App myself. Can't press them.

Going to the web player does not fix this for me.  Also can't press them there. Listening to a simple Global Top 50 playlist. Nothing I've created. Should be able to hit shuffle right? How can this happen?

Annotation 2020-01-15 144023.jpg

Well said.. why do people think that jumping through hoops is a solution?

This issue is still broken in windows app on March 23, 2020.   also broken on web app player.   Is Spotify going out of business?  no money to pay devs?

Hi I am also having this issue in iOS 13.4 with iPhone 8. 8/20/2020. Any suggested solutions would be great. Hopefully dev sees this and can apply fix. Oh also not sure if this matter but I am trying to repeat one song on a radio playlist. This has worked without issue before now has cropped up.

Hey there @wesbartell!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

You can start off by trying a clean reinstall of the app to make sure you have the latest version and that any outdated files are removed.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

If that doesn't solve the issue, could you let us know if you experience this on 3/4G, Wi-Fi or both? 

If a family member has a Spotify account, it could also be a good idea to ask them to log in on your device to see if the app behaves the same way.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Feel free to get back to us if you have any further questions 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I was having the same issue. I realized it was no longer playing music from my playlist but because i didnt put it on repeat it was playing music similar to my playlist. When its playing similar music you cant repeat or shuffle.

Why is it almost 2023 and this is still busted?  I swear, the quality of everything is in the toilet.  Does anyone care about anything anymore?

They care about collecting your premium subscription money every month.

my shuffle button is gray and it turn off like at all what do i do.

I had to turn off autoplay and they showed up fine. Seems like something is wrong with that. 

Shuffle is on and green but geayed out so I can't turn it off! Very annoying when I want to play a songs in order. How do I  fix this? I'm use the web  browser version.

Screenshot_20231121-195539_Chrome.jpg

I also can't skip ahead in a song like I used to be able to do. I also can't skip back one song but I can skip forward. It's very weird and started only a ccouple, hours ago. The parts I just described are also grayed out for some reason.

Screenshot_20231121-195539_Chrome.jpg

Highlighted in purple are the grayed out parts.

Also it keeps skipping to songs that aren't on the album or playlist. For example I was listening to Hamilton and it switched to Dear Evan Hasen instead.

Suggested posts