Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle and repeat buttons missing

Solved!

Shuffle and repeat buttons missing

I got this app two days ago and when I first got it when I played a song it would take me to a screen showing the album cover where shuffle and repeat were on top also there was a list tab next to the rewind button (<<) that would give me a list and under the album cover I could scroll through a small list of what was playing next. But now I have it where I have to click on an "i" on the top left side (where my "hide" used to be. Now its in the right side" also the small list under the album cover is missing. How do I get to the first version I had before?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The version of the now playing screen you had is the new one that will be coming to everyone in the near future.

From time to time Spotify pushes out certain new features that only some people using the app will see. The purpose of this is to test the features out and get feedback before going live with the new features.

I'm guessing your sneak peak of it was removed.

Don't worry because the new version of the now playing screen will soon be available for everyone to use.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Has your Spotify application updated recently (App Store > Updates)? 

Having the little "i" button definitely sounds like the current version.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It has not but when I go to the AppStore it does not ask me if want to update. Was there a recent update released in the last 3days? If not I believe I downloaded the current version. Im on an iPhone 5s

My new version has the "i" on the left and "hide" on the right.
My old one had "hide"on the left and "..." On the right

There was a new now playing screen announced a while back which was going to make the play queue available on iOS (and those new features aren't linked to version number). I am wondering if you got a sneak peek of that!

Peter

Goodness really? I hope it is. I really liked the accessibility to look at what was going to play next without going anywhere. It was under the album cover and it said "up next" and you could scroll through it as well as clicking on the song.

This change happened a few hours ago and I tried delegating the app, restarting my phone, and re downloading the app but haven't been able to get to what I had before. I do hope its not a glitch because I got used to it so quickly.
Marked as solution

The version of the now playing screen you had is the new one that will be coming to everyone in the near future.

From time to time Spotify pushes out certain new features that only some people using the app will see. The purpose of this is to test the features out and get feedback before going live with the new features.

I'm guessing your sneak peak of it was removed.

Don't worry because the new version of the now playing screen will soon be available for everyone to use.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

If so when will there be a version where the shuffle and repeat bottons are on the Spotify app?

This doesn't work for me as when I click the i button, the field that is supposed to have the shuffle icon on is blank!
I've searched in vain online for this particular issue, but have drawn a blank.
Have of course tried reinstall etc.
Please help someone!!
Screenshot below...
http://m.imgur.com/MHm2rA2

@user-removed - Are you using Spotify Premium? 

If you have Spotify unlimited or free, you can't turn the shuffle option off.

Peter

Hi
I do have Premium...which works fine on my laptop, but the app on my iPod insists I don't. I have no idea what to do about this.

@user-removed -- you had an Unlimited subscription, which you've very recently changed into a Premium one. If you log out and back in on your iPod now, you should get all benefits of Premium. Make the most of offline playlists!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Suggested posts