Premium

Country

AT

Device

iPad

Operating System

iOS 13.5

My Question or Issue

I have some issues with shuffle play availability. I already saw a lot of posts searching for the shuffle/repeat icons, that is not what this is about. I know that they should be located in the now-playing screen next to the rewind/forward buttons. However, these buttons are missing for the mixtapes created by spotify. This is also the case for spotify on the iPhone and I somehow thought, that this is a limitation of the mixtapes. I was not really clear if it‘s shuffle only as I got mixed results.

But, I found these controls in the iPhone app the other day: They are on Now Playing -> ... Icon in the top right -> there they are! 

First, this is a really weird place to hide them.

Second, it‘s not there on the iPad! There seems to be no way to toggle these settings!

This is really annoying, as I mainly use the iPad and there is no way to toggle this setting as long as I‘m playing a mixtape.

IMO, this really needs to be fixed. In the meantime, does anyone have a workaround?

Best Regards

1 Reply

I‘ve attached screenshots from the app. The one is the mix of the week, which shows shuffle at the left and repeat at the right. The like song option is at the right side opposite to the title, the hide song functionality is missing, but can be found in the context menu on the upper right.

Compared to this, mixtape playlists show like at the left and hide on the right, shuffle/repeat is nowhere to be seen. On iPhone, the can be found in the context menu, but on the iPad its not there.

(Btw. I think it‘s bad practice to change the control layout between playlists, this should definitely be reconsidered. Also, the Now Playing screen is definitely big enough on an iPad that there is no need to hide stuff in the context menu... But this is not the major issue I have currently)

Best Regards

11B01225-A235-4D0B-92A1-B607361608FC.png
0F5ADD20-796E-4199-B05B-176E69EC87E5.png
81B3BA71-91DE-40F8-B9AD-F5B95230E7B7.png

Suggested posts