Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle doesn’t work now after the update

Shuffle doesn’t work now after the update

So now that they’ve done this update the “shuffle play” button doesn’t shuffle my songs, they all play in sequence now and I can’t figure out how to make them shuffle now... I’m a free user and have an Apple iPhone, HELP!

4 Replies

Hey! Please try reinstalling Spotify. For step-by-step instructions you can check out this FAQ page.

I had this problem too, and I tried this solution, but it unfortunately doesn't work. I can't even seem to change the order of the songs either anymore (no more "Edit" button), so I can't even manually choose which song to play first.

I have the exact same problem and I'm considering switching to another app to aviod this disaster. I can't shuffle my playlists with hundreds of songs on them, nor can I access "songs" anymore, which had hundreds of songs saved that weren't on a playlist.

As far as i’ve noticed, songs that you previously had saved should have been put in a playlist titled “favorite songs”. I just have a playlist i made myself titled “good” because before the update, saving songs put the artist in your artists tab, even if you weren’t following them. Hopefully the devs at spotify will eventually realize that giving users less features makes the app less enjoyable to use ¯\_(“-)_/¯ 

Suggested posts