Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle not working

Shuffle not working

I am having problems with shuffle. I have 2413 songs in my "Songs" playlist. I have the playlist downloaded. I notice that frequently it plays songs from the same artist several times in a row. It is not rare that I get 2-3 songs from the same artist in a row. Last time this happened it was from an artist that has about 20 songs on my "Songs" playlist.

I am not an expert at random/shuffle but the probability of 20/2413 happening 3 times in a row should be low. The fact that it has happened several times suggest that either:

1) The shuffle function doesn't shuffle.

2) Just a subset of the songs are downloaded to the device(even though it says all of them are downloaded) and it shuffles through a way smaller amount of tracks than stated(2413).

3) Something else...

I have tried this on iPhone 6, iPhone 6S, iPad and I keep getting the same results. Is this intended? If so then for what purpose? 

Thanks

2 Replies

Hello @why_vincent,

I would check this link out: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Shuffle-not-shuffling/td-p/471382....

Although it is for Windows and Linux the solution should work for IOS also.

Hope this helps. Likes are appreciated.

Here is a fool proof method of causing Spotify to always shuffle on my Mac, iPhone, and iPad. Points 3 and 4 below are the crux of it, but if you still have problems, go through the whole routine: points 1 through 4.

1 - Whenever you are finished listening to Spotify for a while, always QUIT the program.

2 - If you use a network receiver in order to, for example, distribute music to various rooms in your house, turn the unit off for a few seconds, then back on before or after opening the Spotify program on your device.

3 - Next time yoiu want to listen to Spotify, open the program and set it to randomize. 

4 - Next, and this is the most important point, choose a Spotify playlist (but don't double-click or otherwise start the playlist) then choose a specific song in that playlist (choose a different specific song each time you start any playlist). Double-click the song you chose. Spotify will then play the whole playlist in random order.

Works every time for me.

Suggested posts