Shuffle play is not random

Solved!

Re: Shuffle play is not random

sergeebee
Casual Listener

Exactly, affects us all, premium/nonpremium. Thinking of switching to Google Music now. Super tired of hearing the same songs in 4 of my playlists with 500+ tracks. Will be canceling today.

Cxagv.jpg

SR_Penny
Music Fan

See my thoughts here: http://www.stephenpenny.com/blog/2014/12/3/leaving-spotify-for-google-play-music-the-pros-and-cons-s...

www.stephenpenny.com
www.techxpatspodcast.com
www.superhelsinki.com
Highlighted

Niederwald

I do not have this problem.  Then I do not listen to anything that would be considered remotely "popular" (big band, standards, Great American Songbook....big Mel Tome'  fan) ..... I seem to get a true shuffle on my playlists...one has to wonder if there is not some payola going on here. 

ws1482
Roadie

Was just listening to my 641 song playlist on my iphone 5s. Same problem. Certain songs are playing almost everytime I hit shuffle. I also noticed that two different songs were repeated in the span of about an hour. On a playlist that is 39 hours long, this should never happen. It seems like nothing is being done to fix this problem. I don't think it is that complicated to come up with a new shuffle program. Lets get it together Spotify!

brandAnonymous
Roadie

Hey friends, I am just confirming that with Premium acct the same non-random behavior for the shuffle function in Spotify as for the Free acct: it is never random and repeats tracks often. This is unfortunate and has been an issue since I started using Spotify in 2010.

I make yearly pool playlists with hundreds of tracks to avoid the radio-like repetitiveness, it doesn't work with Spotify. The only way I have found is to listen to entire albums serially. Also, I tend to have a lot of more obscure music, new releases and very little mainstream in my playlists.

On another note, i should think complaining on social media, especially twitter, will get attention more readily than the Spotify forums.

That said, I do love Spotify and utilize it a daily, often all day long.

Morfieus

Got the same problem right here, playlists wth over 200 tracks usually play the same everytime, it's getting so annoying. Random isn't random @ Spotify HQ. Especially while on the go this **bleep** annoys a lot. Nowadays I don't shuffle it anymore so I know I'll hear some songs I usually never hear. 

G86Kill

I have over 1800 songs in a playlist and I'm getting the same problem, the same songs keep coming back around, sometimes it's even during the same "session" and about 10 songs apart, it's a joke.

abigailwilliams
Music Fan

I have a playlist of over 2600 songs (a bit excsessive I know) and I have exactly the same problem!! Yesterday I heard the same song 3 times in an hour (the song is only on the playlist once!) I have had this problem since I started using Spotify and it is very annoying!!

I just tried using the web version to see if that would help but that wouldn't let me play anything!!

Think I might have to go back to using Deezer....at least I didn't have any problems with them!!

sergeebee
Casual Listener

Yep, I canceled my premium subscription and switched to Songza. When canceling, I told them the reason and they tried to "help" by sending the ever old article that their shuffling IS random. Such BS.

dpinparis
Music Fan

i have same issue with spotify premium and I am considering cancelling due to this. Nothign worse than being at the gym having to continuously skip tracks when trying to run. So incredibly pants.

SUGGESTED POSTS