Shuffle play is not random

Solved!

Re: Shuffle play is not random

SR_Penny
Music Fan
I have the same problem. I have hundreds of songs saved, but it only seems to want to play the same 50 or so over and over again. It will even repeat songs before it actually chooses to select unplayed one. Utterly awful and infuriating 'algorithm'.

As much as I hate using iTunes, at least I know that if I put my library on shuffle/random it will do exactly that.
www.stephenpenny.com
www.techxpatspodcast.com
www.superhelsinki.com

DAF555
Casual Listener

I have more than 1100 songs on my main list, a large part of them I havn´t heard since I added them.

It´s tiresome and irritating to keep hearing the some few somgs over and over.

jeremygoh
Community Legend
Read more about the awful shuffle issue:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Implement-an-actual-shuffle-function/idi-p/27607
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Highlighted

TheAdmiralAleho
Music Fan
Same problem. 2500 songs on my playlist and let's always the same couple of hundred songs played on shuffle. It is certainly NOT random.
I run a pub and my customers are sick of hearing the same old songs.
Nothing has changed despite several updates.
This would look like a pretty simple problem for Spotify to resolve so why the Hell are they not doing it ?
Bloody annoying !

tlovin
Casual Listener
Please please fix

buffyken69
Casual Listener

same here

also the same ORDER

say i've song 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, 8, 9,10

first of all i mostly hear these: 2,1, 5,4, 3 and always in that EXACT same order

so thats shuffle at it's WORST

so the "at random" function cleary doesn't work, or is replaced by a second agenda of money making due to royalties

hickom14

I'm a premium user and shuffle on pc and android is horrendous. This actually makes me question keep premium. I'm a bit tired of hearing the same songs in a 500 song playlist. The purpose of having such a large playlist is not to wear any songs out.

ObeyConsume

Yeah it's pretty noticible. The app should regenerate a randomized playlist each time the app is restarted, or each time the user toggles the 'shuffle' feature on/off. The frikkin thing ought to use a random seed.

SR_Penny
Music Fan

This is still an issue (for me at least, as it's the one feature I use daily and still doesn't work at all), so today I have cancelled my Spotify subscription and have moved to Google Play Music All Access. Goodbye Spotify.

www.stephenpenny.com
www.techxpatspodcast.com
www.superhelsinki.com

Sovrappensiero
Interesting. This has always been a problem for me, but I assumed it was because I had the free version. I figured they were trying to annoy the sh*t out of me until I signed up for premium. Good to know it happens to premium users, too. Thanks for the tip about Google music. I'll check that out! Spotify's shuffle is too annoying (having to listen to 3 Spotify ads in a row is a least tolerable in exchange for free music, but never getting to hear 90% of the music I selected is a little frustrating!)
SUGGESTED POSTS