Shuffle play is not random

Solved!

Re: Shuffle play is not random

user-removed
Not applicable
Yeah, where is the 'mood' setting?

apopheny

I just want to weigh in and throw my support behind having a truly random shuffle option, or at least a shuffle algorithm that doesn't weigh individual tracks quite so heavily. I'm considering switching services to find one that will actually hit all songs on a playlist, given time.

gtyellojacket
Music Fan

I got an email that said that this issue has been solved, but when I clicked on "Go to Solution" in the original post on this thread, it took me to a reply on this thread that is not a solution but just another complaint.  I think this issue needs to be reopened because to my knowledge the problem has not be solved.

ws1482
Roadie

Yeah under my post it says the problem is solved, but it's not. Shuffle play stinks!

MchalesNavy
Casual Listener

This is definitely an ongoing issue, it's been driving me insane.  May as well not use spotify when driving, it ignores the majority of my saved music.

purefan

I want to report the same problem, in my playlist "Classical Rock" I have 97 songs, and in the last 3 hours I've heard "Everybody hurts" 3 times and "I was made for lovign you" twice. 

Added to the frustration of knowing that some of your songs are being ignored, is the frustration of growing tired of listeing to the same songs so often

chrismays011

I am having this same issue - 250+ soung playlist and the same 15 or so songs keep coming up. It's just runing these songs for me - I inteded on hearing them once or twice a week, not four times a week!

nucka574
Casual Listener

I have figured out on Android at least if you go into the settings and then application manager and clear cache and data from spotify, it seems to become random again.  It is annoying but I am hearing songs I haven't heard in a while soooooo :)

olmanmq
Casual Listener

This is really bad. The same happens to me. I'm about to switch to Google Play Music if I find a way to migrate my playlists from spotify.

andarkian

Might as well have my twopence worth as well. I see this thread is at least a year and a half old and the complaint is still exactly the same. I have over 800 songs in my favourites and appear to be stuck with the same twenty or thirty repeated ad nauseum. Obviously Spotify have an agenda, just can't figure it out. Even I can get too much Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones and, strangely, Supertramp.

SUGGESTED POSTS