Shuffle play is not random

Solved!

Re: Shuffle play is not random

elsid
Music Fan

I have a 2000 song playlist that I especially like. Recently it has stopped randomnizing on my Mac and was playing the same 50 or songs over and over. Frustration! But I think I have found the answer, at least for now. We'll see how long it lasts.

Here it is: Reinstall Spotify. Look up the procedure under "help" for your pc or device. Currently the url is  https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/?in=search

Basically, the instructions tell you how to delete all traces of Spotify on your device and then tells you to download and reinstall Spotify.

I use the spotify app, but if I were using a browser, I would try deleting caches. Maybe that is al lthat is really necessary on PC app. Next time (if there is one) I'll try that.

Hope this helps.

By the way, you will not lose your playlists by deleting Spotify. When you log in with the reinstalled app, your playlists will still be there but not your preferences.

ws1482
Roadie

Shuffle play is still bad. Can we finally get this fixed?

AeroZ
Composer
Shuffle should be random. It's not random at all. Some songs play multiple times, some never play.
I noticed that rebooting the device or doing something similar "resets" the shufffling method and then different songs start to play often and the other ones rarely come up.

TheAdmiralAleho
Music Fan
It seems not as Spotify don't seem to be remotely bothered.

AeroZ
Composer
Ofcourse, they're more interested in adding new features and getting more new people to use their service instead of fixing the current problems.

RobRob

Spotify on Mac has still this problem and playing same songs over and over.

Can we have this fixed?

ws1482
Roadie

This problem has been going on so long, i'm thinking spotify doesn't want to fix it. I don't know why though. I don't think its that difficult to fix

AeroZ
Composer
Randomness is just too hard to code I guess :P

besweeet
Regular
Maybe it has to do with how they calculate how to play songs where they have to pay the least?

ws1482
Roadie

yeah like other people have said it could have something to do with how much they have to pay to play certain songs. it could be about money but im not sure

SUGGESTED POSTS