Shuffle play is not random

Re: Shuffle play is not random

cdalley
Regular

That would explain why they won't fix or even say "Can't fix it" in the forums... [if they have to pay per certain track]

Dukommermedmig
I'm also having the same problem, please fix it! It's really irritating... Can't stand it, some songs are seriously never played. Shuffle is worthless.

e2npau

Dear Spotify,

I quote http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/shuffle

Verb

shuffle

1. To put in a random order.

With some emphasis on the word "random", it seems it doesn't means what you think it means.

Pretty please with sugar on top, make shuffle play actually play the songs in a random order.

It's a reasonable expectation.

Teknix

I'm glad to know I'm not alone. I always listen to my music on shuffle and it is incredibly irritating to constantly hear the same 5-10 bands over and over and over again. I have over 3300 songs saved and I miss out on at least 80% of my music because the random/shuffle feature is terrible. It wasn't bad before, but something happened a while ago and now it is just awful. Please re-define your algorithms to get a more random sampling of individual songs. Please!

ws1482
Roadie

yeah shuffle play is still not working properly

besweeet
Regular

Spotify still absolutely blows at shuffling. Song 1 played, then song 2, then song 1 again! What is this I don’t even…

ws1482
Roadie

I just used shuffle play today and it played the exact same 2 songs in the same order that they played in yesterday when I used shuffle play. That can't be right

tlovin
Casual Listener
It has been this way since the beginning. I've been with Spotify for years now but I'm thinking about switching because of this and the lack of an Xbox app

ws1482
Roadie

I listened to to my 155 song playlist today for a total of about an hour and I heard the same song 3 times

ws1482
Roadie

The problem is shuffle play justs queues up the same 20 or 30 songs everytime from a playlist of over 150 songs. 

SUGGESTED POSTS