Premium

Country

NL

Device

iPhone SE

Operating System

iOS11

My Question or Issue

When I press shuffle play on a playlist, the same 10 or 20 songs are played over and over again. There is about 15 hours of music in the playlist, but the majority is ignored.

8 Replies

Hey @jaspoid-0934.

Thanks for getting in touch, and sorry for the delayed reply!

Just to confirm, is this happening when you are listening to Spotify via Connect?

Keep us posted,

P

I had Spotify directly playing on my phone, not via any other device. I have to add that I had downloaded the playlist to my phone.

Hey there @jaspoid-0934,

Thanks for clarifying that 🙂

Does this occur in a certain playlist only, or other ones as well?

If it happens in only one playlist, it'd be also helpful to duplicate that playlist and see if the issue persists in the newer one.

Further, if you haven't already, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app on your device to shake things up.

Let us know how it goes!

/K

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

i have only seen it happen once in one playlist, but shuffle is inherently broken in Spotify. It appears that spotify prefers the more popular songs over the unknown ones, which ruins the shuffle experience because now I hear the same songs over and over again.

Hey again @jaspoid-0934,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Just to confirm, since you mention this happening in that one playlist, could you try creating a new one and adding the same songs to see if the issue persists?

Also, does the same occurs when listening to that playlist on shuffle on another device or our web player

We'll be keeping an eye to your reply 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Playing the same ten songs over and over again only happened in one session. Haven't seen it again.

also, unrelated, but the forum is broken. I always have to perform the captcha twice or more times. After I press the post button the form is reloaded and the error is "verification failed"

Still a problem on the Web Player, **bleep** Spotify.

Still, undeniably shitty on Windows 10. Shuffling a playlist with over 30 hours of music yields the same 10-20 songs.

Yeah, latest version of spotify (though, come on, people have complained about this since 2014)

Yeah, reinstalled.

Yeah, multiple playlists show the same issue.

Yeah, there are already multiple feature votes, so no point posting one. Though, this isn't really a feature as much as it is "make shuffle work"

Any junior CS student can implement a random shuffle function that is more "random" than the one that Spotify employs. I don't need 37,000 layers of deep machine learning. I need a random song picker so I don't hear the same stuff on repeat while I'm trying to work.

Suggested posts