Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffling my "Songs" when not connected to wifi

Shuffling my "Songs" when not connected to wifi

This problem/bug may be unique to me since I imagine not many people use spotify in this way. 

I'm operating Spotify Premium v. 2.3.01573 on an iphone 5S, and i keep "use cellular data" set to OFF.

I save every single song i like to my music (probably over 10,000 at this point), and then I set a few artists/albums/playlists to "available offline" which also makes the songs available offline in Songs view. I do most of my listening by just hitting "Shuffle" on the Songs tab in Your Music. I'd just change up which albums were offline every couple of days. This used to work, because whenever i wasn't connected to wifi (mostly in my car), Spotify would just shuffle between only the songs that were available offline. 

Since the last update, however, Spotify now shuffles between ALL tracks saved to the Songs tab in Your Music , instead of just the offline tracks, and every time it comes to one that I haven't made available offline, it just STOPS. This is super annoying. Not sure if it was done on purpose to encourage users to build playlists or use the play queue more. If I go to Playback settings and switch it to Offline Mode, it works the way it used to, but I never used to have to do that as long as I had "Use Cellular Data" turned off. Think they will fix this in a future update? Anyone else had a similar issue in the last couple of days since the update?

1 Reply

Hi there! I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts