Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Siri not Providing Voice Directions while Streaming Spotify

Solved!

Siri not Providing Voice Directions while Streaming Spotify

Hey, everyone!

About a week ago, Siri stopped providing me with voice directions while driving. I still get a little jingle when I need to make a change, but I much prefer Siri telling me what to do. The issue occurs through Bluetooth and AUX and only while I am streaming Spotify. She will provide me with voice directions if I am not listening to Spotify, or will provide them if I am using Google Maps which I would rather not do. 

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 12 Pro Max (issue occurred on iPhone XR as well)

Operating System: iOS 14.2.1

Thank you for your help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Finding out a solution by myself, I tried deleting Spotify app and download it again and found out the issue was finally solved! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I have the same problem. Apple Maps on iPhone "dings" instead of issuing a voice prompt for navigation when Spotify is playing via Bluetooth on my car. The rest of the music streaming services work perfectly with Apple Maps. Hope someone comes with a solution. This has been happening since I switched to an iPhone 12.
Marked as solution

Finding out a solution by myself, I tried deleting Spotify app and download it again and found out the issue was finally solved! 

This did the trick, thank you so much!

I believe I narrowed it down -- if you have Voice/Microphone access enabled in Spotify, Apple Maps voice navigation is iffy. Disabling that should fix it. 

To reproduce: enable voice/microphone access in Spotify, go to Apple Maps and start navigation, open Spotify app again, now voice navigation will not work (only hear ding tones). Also, you can change the volume within Apple Maps navigation (Loud/Soft/Normal) and you'll start hearing voice navigation again until at least the current song changes. 

Instead, disable mic access, turn off voice, and restart maps. You should be good to go!

Thanks. Turning off mic access in Spotify fixed this for me!

This works but is still a bug they should fix, Both voice navigation and hey Spotify should work. 

Suggested posts