Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Random episodes suddenly appeared saved and downloaded

I opened Spotify just 15 minutes ago to a new section called your episodes (i don't know if its a new section or not but I've never seen it before as ive never used episodes before) and in this section for some reason I had a bunch of episodes saved ...

• I opened Spotify just 15 minutes ago to a new section called your episodes (i don't know if its a new section or not but I've never seen it before as ive never used episodes before) and in this secti...
  • Hjsjshsjjdjsej
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes

Equalizer level will reset after opening spotify again

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDeviceiPhone 15Operating SystemiOS 17.4.1Spotify app version8.9.30.414 My Question or IssueThe Equalizer settings will not be valid when the program is restarted. I use the equalizer to reduce the sound level below the lowest...

• Plan Premium Country Finland Device iPhone 15 Operating System iOS 17.4.1 Spotify app version 8.9.30.414   My Question or Issue The Equalizer settings will not be valid when the prog...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can’t play downloaded songs on my Apple Watch

My Spotify works perfectly on my phone online or offline. Zero issues. But when I download playlists on my Apple Watch they will not play. I have tried reinstalling the app on my watch and phone several times and it doesn’t change anything. The songs...

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify works perfectly on my phone online or offline. Zero issues. But when I download playlists on my Apple Watch they will not play. I have tried reinstalling the app on my watch and phone seve...
  • ben_aguilera
  • Visitor
  • 26 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 6 likes

How do you clear suggested search history,

PlanPremium CountryUnited StatesDevice(iPhone Se,)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHow do you clear the history for the search tab, not the already listen to or clicked on stuff, but the type bar history.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium  Country United States Device (iPhone Se,) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue How do you clear the history for the s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shared playlist not available in kids profile (blank screen)

I have a premium account with family plan. I want share a playlist with my child on the kids account. I have followed the steps within the kids app and it just shows as “you don’t have any playlists to share” etc I have many playlist that are set to ...

• ...laylists to share” etc   I have many playlist that are set to public. They are only songs (no podcasts). I’ve tried all the other suggestions from the boards but nothing solves it.   any help w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution tracks skipping on their own

I’m trying to listen to Taylor swifts the tortured poets department and the songs skip on their own

• Visitor
  • I’m trying to listen to Taylor swifts the tortured poets department and the songs skip on their own
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song lyrics missing

PlanFree/PremiumCountryCanadaDevice(iPhone 13)Operating System(iOS 17.4.1.) My Question or IssueI have had song lyrics missing for days now, I’ve shut phone down, and logged in and out of Spotify and it won’t fix the problem. As well as: podcast slee...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Canada Device (iPhone 13) Operating System (iOS  17.4.1.)   My Question or Issue I have had song lyrics missing for days now, I’ve shut phone down, and l...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution IOS 8.9.32 app crashes with strange audio glitching

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(iPad 9th Generation)Operating System(IPadOS 17.4.1) My Question or IssueMy Spotify app recently started having bugging effects on the audio where it makes static and glitching sounds before freezing and bein...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country United States Device (iPad 9th Generation) Operating System (IPadOS 17.4.1)   My Question or Issue My Spotify app recently started having bugging effects on t...
  • Ivelina
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify reverts to previous song after putting on a new song when opening.

Whenever I open Spotify after it’s been closed out and scroll through to pick out a new song to listen to it will start playing and then revert back to where it left off on the previous song from when I closed out of the app. It is really frustrating...

• Visitor
  • Whenever I open Spotify after it’s been closed out and scroll through to pick out a new song to listen to it will start playing and then revert back to where it left off on the previous song from whe...
  • MartinT
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Apple Watch SE (2 gen) Spotify don't load downloaded playlists

I have the latest version of the app and the latest version from watchOS and the app keeps crashing, my playlists don't charge when I use offline. The application keeps closing all the time, the moment I manage to play a song it works for about 10 se...

• I have the latest version of the app and the latest version from watchOS and the app keeps crashing, my playlists don't charge when I use offline. The application keeps closing all the time, the mome...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problems with podcasts on Libratone speakers

Hey guys. I have issues that do not make sense for me. When trying to listen to some podcasts I cannot chose my Libratone speakers over WiFi. I am forced to use Bluetooth and see the message in Spotify that this song (!) cannot be played using the sp...

• Visitor
  • Hey guys. I have issues that do not make sense for me. When trying to listen to some podcasts I cannot chose my Libratone speakers over WiFi. I am forced to use Bluetooth and see the message in Spoti...
  • MartinT
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Blend isn’t showing user activity.

My Spotify blend playlist hasn’t been showing a box with user activity for two days when I have been clicking on the little profile pictures.

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify blend playlist hasn’t been showing a box with user activity for two days when I have been clicking on the little profile pictures.
  • Ivelina
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution sleep timer on iOs for podcasts gone

Hello, I noticed that my beloved sleep timer for podcasts in gone. Latest iOs, latest spotify app. How can I get it back? Or was it removed on purpose? For music it is still there in the three dot menu. Bit for podcasts I used to have a little timer ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I noticed that my beloved sleep timer for podcasts in gone. Latest iOs, latest spotify app. How can I get it back? Or was it removed on purpose? For music it is still there in the three dot ...
  • Maria
  • 37 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 37 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify for Apple Watch not recognizing Bluetooth headphones anymore

PremiumNetherlands iPhone 12 Pro and Apple Watch SE (2023)iOS 16.5.1 for iPhone and WatchOS 9.5.2 Hi, none of the Bluetooth devices (which work, as I checked using Apple Music on the same Apple Watch) are recognized by Spotify on Apple Watch, while t...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Netherlands   iPhone 12 Pro and Apple Watch SE (2023) iOS 16.5.1 for iPhone and WatchOS 9.5.2     Hi, none of the Bluetooth devices (which work, as I checked using Apple...
  • whalestails
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Apple Watch
    bluetooth
    headphones
    not working
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Why won’t it let me add on queue and replay a song on Spotify?

It won’t let me put a song on loop or replay a song. It also wouldn’t allow me to go back to the previous song I was listening to. When I click on a song it won’t play but instead it will just take me to a random playlist and I have to keep skipping ...

• Visitor
  • It won’t let me put a song on loop or replay a song. It also wouldn’t allow me to go back to the previous song I was listening to. When I click on a song it won’t play but instead it will just take m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] Unable to play artists top songs if I saved to library

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 14 ProOperating SystemiOS 17.5 My Question or IssueI am unable to play songs from an artist on their artist page (their top songs) if I’ve saved any of their songs to the library. As soon as I click a song,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 14 Pro Operating System iOS 17.5   My Question or Issue I am unable to play songs from an artist on their artist page (their top songs)...
  • JLove19
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple CarPlay - Audio Playback Stopping

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DeviceIPhone 12Operating System17.3.1 My Question or IssueRecent bug seems to have appeared when playing audio on Spotify via apple car play. Audio will randomly pause and the user will be unable to resume/play the audio. ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia  Device IPhone 12 Operating System 17.3.1   My Question or Issue Recent bug seems to have appeared when playing audio on Spotify via apple car play....
  • scottthorntonspot
  • Casual Listener
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Adding song multiple times to playlist

With one of the latest iOS app updates, the new checkbox style playlist selector when adding a song to a playlist doesn’t allow for a song to be added to a playlist more than once. I like to add songs multiple times to my playlist as I sort by recent...

• Visitor
  • With one of the latest iOS app updates, the new checkbox style playlist selector when adding a song to a playlist doesn’t allow for a song to be added to a playlist more than once. I like to add song...
  • Upthewahs
  • Visitor
  • 44 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 36 likes