Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Apple watch spotify simply unstable

Spotify on Apple Watch keeps being extremely unstable! It almost always gets stuck and no matter what you do: close the app, restart watch, re-install app on the watch, unpair and repair the watch - the issue keeps coming back after some time. perhap...

• Spotify on Apple Watch keeps being extremely unstable! It almost always gets stuck and no matter what you do: close the app, restart watch, re-install app on the watch, unpair and repair the watch - ...
  • sicknickers
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

how to remove songs and artist

There is an artist/band from the 1980s that I absolutely hate. But they keep popping up in my playlists because there are in the same genre of songs I love. HOW CAN I DELETE/REMOVE/BAN THIS BAND?!?! I'm going nuts here.

• There is an artist/band from the 1980s that I absolutely hate. But they keep popping up in my playlists because there are in the same genre of songs I love. HOW CAN I DELETE/REMOVE/BAN THIS BAND?!?! ...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple CarPlay - Audio Playback Stopping

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DeviceIPhone 12Operating System17.3.1 My Question or IssueRecent bug seems to have appeared when playing audio on Spotify via apple car play. Audio will randomly pause and the user will be unable to resume/play the audio. ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia  Device IPhone 12 Operating System 17.3.1   My Question or Issue Recent bug seems to have appeared when playing audio on Spotify via apple car play....
  • hieronymus_lex
  • Casual Listener
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Why is car mode not working at all?

Car mode is not working at all. I have an iPhone 14 pro max which is up to date, as is the Spotify app. I have a Spotify duo account and I'm the main account holder.I have both "car mode" and "keep Spotify open" enabled but it won't recognise that I'...

• Casual Listener
  • Car mode is not working at all. I have an iPhone 14 pro max which is up to date, as is the Spotify app. I have a Spotify duo account and I'm the main account holder. I have both "car mode" and "ke...
  • Atchaleigh
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

sleep timer on iOs for podcasts gone

Hello, I noticed that my beloved sleep timer for podcasts in gone. Latest iOs, latest spotify app. How can I get it back? Or was it removed on purpose? For music it is still there in the three dot menu. Bit for podcasts I used to have a little timer ...

• Hello, I noticed that my beloved sleep timer for podcasts in gone. Latest iOs, latest spotify app. How can I get it back? Or was it removed on purpose? For music it is still there in the three dot ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app not working on IOS 17.4.1 IPhone

PlanFreeDevice(iPhone 11 Pro)Operating System(iOS 17.4.1) My Question or IssueHey there, I have recently unsubscribed from Spotify Premium after a few years, and I have updated my IOS to the latest version a few weeks back, but I am unsure this is re...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Device (iPhone 11 Pro) Operating System (iOS 17.4.1)   My Question or Issue Hey there, I have recently unsubscribed from Spotify Premium after a few years, and I have updated m...
  • lindalasagna
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New issue with volume changes :/

it does not have any effect on local fileswhen I remember it used to just the same. not anymore. Plan/PremiumCountry Deviceiphone13 proOperating System(latest.) My Question or Issuevolume changes work fine nowbut only on spotify songsNOT local songs,...

• Gig Goer
  • it does not have any effect on local files when I remember it used to just the same.  not anymore.    Plan /Premium Country   Device iphone13 pro Operating System (late...
  • zipoxtra
  • Gig Goer
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Jam remote sessions bug restarts song for everyone

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 13Operating SystemiOS 17.0.2 My Question or IssueI’m liking the concept of the new jam feature, but there’s one issue that messes with me and my friends every single time we listen on our own phones in a remote sessio...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 13 Operating System iOS 17.0.2   My Question or Issue I’m liking the concept of the new jam feature, but there’s one issue that messes with me and...
  • myownhierarchy
  • 21 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution Stuttering music and losing connection to Apple HomePod mini through Airplay

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceiPhone Xs MaxOperating SystemiOS 16.2 My Question or Issue When I play music on my Apple HomePod Mini (Brand new, updated to iOS 16.2) through my iPhone, via Airplay, the music stutters a lot and I can't play for more th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device iPhone Xs Max Operating System iOS 16.2   My Question or Issue   When I play music on my Apple HomePod Mini (Brand new, updated to iOS 16....
  • iMadeAnAccForThis
  • Visitor
  • 34 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 34 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume Normalisation not working

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDevice(iPhone 13Operating System(iOS 15.1.1 My Question or IssueI have an issue that when I am listening to music the volume of each song is different so I find myself having to keep turning my music up and down every ...

• Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device (iPhone 13 Operating System (iOS 15.1.1   My Question or Issue I have an issue that when I am listening to music the volume of each song is d...
  • Grouperbobby
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS + Android] Playlists keep starting from the beginning

None of the below information is required. Im However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 16.0.2 My Question or Issue when I am playing a playlist the queue...

• Casual Listener
  • None of the below information is required. Im However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 12 Operating System i...
  • MihailY
  • 124 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 124 replies
  • 21 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Bring back Label/Publisher names to the bottom of album page

Label names have disappeared from the bottom of album pages.It was one of the most (if not the most) important instruments to search/browse through artist albums by knowing which communities (labels) their albums came from. This info also helps to fi...

• Music Fan
  • Label names have disappeared from the bottom of album pages. It was one of the most (if not the most) important instruments to search/browse through artist albums by knowing which communities (...
  • dr_michael
  • Music Fan
  • 13 replies
  • 15 likes
  • label search
    labels
  • 13 replies
  • 15 likes

Carplay issues

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceIphone 15Operating SystemIOS 17.5 My Question or IssueHello, I have a quite annoying bug with Spotify in the car with CarPlay. Every time I connect my phone WIRED to my carplay system, I cannot start music from carp...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Iphone 15 Operating System IOS 17.5   My Question or Issue Hello, I have a quite annoying bug with Spotify in the car with CarPlay. Ever...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music pausing after one hour overnight

I listen to a playlist at night. After 1 hour the app pauses the sound. This is the second night in a row this is happening. I have iso and use Alexa. I have tried looping only one song and it still pauses. I have cleared cache, uninstalled, reinstal...

• Casual Listener
  • I listen to a playlist at night. After 1 hour the app pauses the sound. This is the second night in a row this is happening. I have iso and use Alexa. I have tried looping only one song and it still ...
  • MB711
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Adding song multiple times to playlist

With one of the latest iOS app updates, the new checkbox style playlist selector when adding a song to a playlist doesn’t allow for a song to be added to a playlist more than once. I like to add songs multiple times to my playlist as I sort by recent...

• Visitor
  • With one of the latest iOS app updates, the new checkbox style playlist selector when adding a song to a playlist doesn’t allow for a song to be added to a playlist more than once. I like to add song...
  • Casual Listener
  • 43 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 43 replies
  • 35 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume buttons on device don't work when casting

As of Spotify 8.9.xx and newer I can't control the volume on my iPhone when casting to a Chromecast device. I need to go into the slider inside the Spotify app to change the volume. This is not an iOS or apple issue:My non working version of Spotify ...

• Gig Goer
  • As of Spotify 8.9.xx and newer I can't control the volume on my iPhone when casting to a Chromecast device. I need to go into the slider inside the Spotify app to change the volume.   This is ...
  • ch4lit0
  • 227 replies
  • 39 likes
  • 227 replies
  • 39 likes

Car mode not on all accounts

PlanPremium FamilyCountryUKDeviceiPhone SE, 13 mini, 14 pro, 15 proOperating SystemiOS 17.4.1 My Question or IssueI have my son (13 mini), husband (15 pro), dad (SE) and myself (14 pro) on the family account, all running the same version of Spotify a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family Country UK Device iPhone SE, 13 mini, 14 pro, 15 pro Operating System iOS 17.4.1   My Question or Issue I have my son (13 mini), husband (15 pro), dad (SE) and myse...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't allow me to play anything without a premium

I'm abroad and i forgot to change my settings to my country so it disabled my account for a while, and when i got back on everything was restored except the fact that it won't allow me to listen to any songs without a premium. I'm online and i alread...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm abroad and i forgot to change my settings to my country so it disabled my account for a while, and when i got back on everything was restored except the fact that it won't allow me to listen to a...
  • Eric1489
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Apple Watch cannot adjust volume

Plan: PremiumCountry: US Device: iPhone 11 Pro, Apple Watch Series 5Operating System: iOS 14.2, WatchOS 7.1 My Question or IssueWhile listening with AirPods, I can control song playback but cannot adjust volume using the watch. I have confirmed that ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: US   Device: iPhone 11 Pro, Apple Watch Series 5 Operating System: iOS 14.2, WatchOS 7.1   My Question or Issue While listening with AirPods, I can control s...
  • Ezio9
  • Visitor
  • 43 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 43 replies
  • 2 likes