Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

I can't raise or lower the volume of music on Spotify on my Apple Watch

I can't increase or decrease the volume of music in Spotify on my Apple Watch. While I don't have any sound problems in other applications, I do have a problem in Spotify.

• Visitor
  • I can't increase or decrease the volume of music in Spotify on my Apple Watch. While I don't have any sound problems in other applications, I do have a problem in Spotify.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant change volume level from quiet to loud

I'm trying to change volume level on Iphone from quiet to loud. After pressing the "loud" option it seems like i did it, but after leaving the settings it switches back to guiet. No matter how many times i do that, it'll always switch back to quiet. ...

• Visitor
  • I'm trying to change volume level on Iphone from quiet to loud. After pressing the "loud" option it seems like i did it, but after leaving the settings it switches back to guiet. No matter how many t...
  • ricsto
  • Music Fan
  • 41 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 41 replies
  • 16 likes

Solved!! Reproducible bug - track skippin

Plan premiumFree/PremiumCountrysweden Device(iPhone Se 2Operating SystemIos latest My Question or Issuewhen pressing next track the app breaks and loops and audio cuts in and out with no way to stop it until the loop ends after some time. I have a vi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan premium Free/Premium Country sweden   Device (iPhone Se 2 Operating System Ios latest   My Question or Issue when pressing next track the app breaks and loops and audio cuts...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution my spotify isn't connecting to my discord??

when i try to connect my spotify to my discord, it doesn't work, and it shows an error saying 'failed to connect your spotify account to your discord'

• Visitor
  • when i try to connect my spotify to my discord, it doesn't work, and it shows an error saying 'failed to connect your spotify account to your discord'
  • Maria
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

도와주세요

전 이미 프리미엄이용자입니다 노래를 잘듣다가 갑자기 요금제가입뜨면서 재생이되지않습니다.홈페이지 와서 로그인하니까 여전히 프리미엄 이용자라뜨고 앱재삭제후 다시깔아도 이상태네요.PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or I...

• 전 이미 프리미엄이용자입니다 노래를 잘듣다가 갑자기 요금제가입뜨면서 재생이되지않습니다. 홈페이지 와서 로그인하니까 여전히 프리미엄 이용자라뜨고 앱재삭제후 다시깔아도 이상태네요. Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iphone app (Spotify) keeps crashing since 17.4.1 update

Have uninstalled / reinstalled a few times now. - crashes when connected to Bluetooth and when not. have premium everything was working great figured I’d put it out there in case any one else is having issues Country - USA DeviceIPHone 15 pro max 1 T...

• Casual Listener
  • Have uninstalled / reinstalled a few times now.  - crashes when connected to Bluetooth and when not.  have premium everything was working great figured I’d put it out there in case any...
  • Bennyboombasko
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify wont ask for microphone permission

Premium account running on an iPhone 7+ with iOS 12.1. I do not know how to access spotify voice. The microphone option in the search bar is missing, so i cannot access through the app. If I go to microphone setttings in the privacy tab on my phone, ...

• Visitor
  •   Premium account running on an iPhone 7+ with iOS 12.1.   I do not know how to access spotify voice. The microphone option in the search bar is missing, so i cannot access through the a...
  • Rivisio
  • Visitor
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS 12
    microphone
    Permission
    Voice control
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Canvas isn't working

I tried everything, on my main account canvas doesn't work, but on other accounts it does

• Visitor
  • I tried everything, on my main account canvas doesn't work, but on other accounts it does
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it possible to stop Spotify from recommending stuff

Hello there My app is very much littered with recommendations, but Spotify doesn't really get me, so I would really like to turn these recommendations off. Is it possible? Best regards Thomas

• Hello there   My app is very much littered with recommendations, but Spotify doesn't really get me, so I would really like to turn these recommendations off. Is it possible?   Best rega...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Adding song multiple times to playlist

With one of the latest iOS app updates, the new checkbox style playlist selector when adding a song to a playlist doesn’t allow for a song to be added to a playlist more than once. I like to add songs multiple times to my playlist as I sort by recent...

• Visitor
  • With one of the latest iOS app updates, the new checkbox style playlist selector when adding a song to a playlist doesn’t allow for a song to be added to a playlist more than once. I like to add song...
  • SpotlfyBad2
  • Visitor
  • 40 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 40 replies
  • 34 likes

How to turn off podcast video in the mobile app?

Ever since the Ramsey Show Highlights added video it causes subsequent podcast in the “Your Epidodes” list to not play. I send Spotify to the background, but the video embedded Ramsey podcast still kills the other podcast episodes. It is worse and mo...

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since the Ramsey Show Highlights added video it causes subsequent podcast in the “Your Epidodes” list to not play. I send Spotify to the background, but the video embedded Ramsey podcast still ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution "We can't play this until you allow this track in the Spotify phone app", nothing works

PlanPremiumCountryMexicoDeviceiPhone 12 Pro / Windows 11Operating SystemiOS 17 My Question or IssueToday I decided to play Silk Sonic, it's been a while since I've played their music, clicked on play on my Desktop App (Win11) and the following messag...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Mexico Device iPhone 12 Pro / Windows 11 Operating System iOS 17   My Question or Issue Today I decided to play Silk Sonic, it's been a while since I've played the...
  • OscarDC
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • (iOS)
    We can't play this song until you allow this artist in the spotify phone app
    windows11
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify bug skipps every Song iPhone 15 pro Max

https://files.fm/f/tswmd694dj Display Recording Video This is my Problem, https://streamable.com/jzfmv9Spotify Premium iPhone 15 Pro Max iOS 17.4.1 I Have Changed my iPhone with AppleCare+ i have changed my AirPods, i Have cleaned my Cache, iPhone Ha...

• Regular
  • https://files.fm/f/tswmd694dj  Display Recording Video  This is my Problem,  https://streamable.com/jzfmv9 Spotify Premium   iPhone 15 Pro Max  iOS 17.4.1  &nbsp...
  • sportlichamblock
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify cutting songs short

Spotify cutting songs off short and starting the next song about 12/13 seconds in.

• Visitor
  • Spotify cutting songs off short and starting the next song about 12/13 seconds in.
  • tool3rdeye
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggested albums are extremely strange

Is anyone else getting really odd suggested albums? Mine are mostly not in genres or artists that I typically listen to, and most artists have 1000 monthly listeners or less. It’s very strange.

• Visitor
  • Is anyone else getting really odd suggested albums? Mine are mostly not in genres or artists that I typically listen to, and most artists have 1000 monthly listeners or less. It’s very strange.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast skips to next one randomly on iPhone

I often listen to podcasts, and at least on a weekly basis i have a podcast that will just skip ahead. Today it occurred and I had my AirPod in one ear and my phone was just laying on the counter. Nothing should have prompted the podcast to jump. I w...

• Visitor
  • I often listen to podcasts, and at least on a weekly basis i have a podcast that will just skip ahead. Today it occurred and I had my AirPod in one ear and my phone was just laying on the counter. No...
  • Susan_GP
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] Spotify refuses to play albums

I’m using an iPhone 12 mini with iOS 17.3.1 and the latest version of Spotify. Any time I try to play an album on Spotify and have to pause Spotify and switch to a different app and then back to Spotify, it refuses to remember the album and song I wa...

• Casual Listener
  • I’m using an iPhone 12 mini with iOS 17.3.1 and the latest version of Spotify.   Any time I try to play an album on Spotify and have to pause Spotify and switch to a different app and then bac...
  • Thomasmeis
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • music
    Other
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Save position in different playlists

Hi! Is it possible to save multiple playlist positions? For example: If I listen to a playlist A and switch to a playlist B. Is it possible to save the position within playlist A? Because if I switch back from B to A, I'll always have to search for m...

• Hi!   Is it possible to save multiple playlist positions? For example: If I listen to a playlist A and switch to a playlist B. Is it possible to save the position within playlist A? Because ...
  • DarqueMood
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 14 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume buttons on device don't work when casting

As of Spotify 8.9.xx and newer I can't control the volume on my iPhone when casting to a Chromecast device. I need to go into the slider inside the Spotify app to change the volume. This is not an iOS or apple issue:My non working version of Spotify ...

• Gig Goer
  • As of Spotify 8.9.xx and newer I can't control the volume on my iPhone when casting to a Chromecast device. I need to go into the slider inside the Spotify app to change the volume.   This is ...
  • PanaromicTiger
  • Casual Listener
  • 212 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 212 replies
  • 35 likes