Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple Watch bug- can’t change saved playlist

Apple Watch Ultra 2 userLatest Spotify version in my iPhone 12 the app worked perfectly until the heart icon changed to the new ticking way as on the computer,web,iPhone. on the watch I trying to saved the song instead playlist to my liked songs and ...

• Roadie
  • Apple Watch Ultra 2 user Latest Spotify version in my iPhone 12    the app worked perfectly until the heart icon changed to the new ticking way as on the computer,web,iPhone.   on...
  • AlejaR
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shazam not adding ANY previously Shazamed tracks, only new ones

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.3 My Question or IssueShazam is synching new Shazams to my playlist on Spotify, but not my previously existing ones.I have already disconnected and reconnected my Spotify and Shazam...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.3   My Question or Issue Shazam is synching new Shazams to my playlist on Spotify, but not my previously exi...
  • CharlesPT
  • Casual Listener
  • 42 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 42 replies
  • 33 likes

Lyrics moved to bottom on iphone app

Plan: PremiumCountry: USDevice: iPhone 14Operating System: iOS 17.4.1 My Question or Issue: The lyrics have moved to the bottom of the page under about the artist and live events near me. How can I move it back? I look at the lyrics a lot and want it...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: US Device: iPhone 14 Operating System: iOS 17.4.1   My Question or Issue: The lyrics have moved to the bottom of the page under about the artist and live events ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify for Apple Watch not recognizing Bluetooth headphones anymore

PremiumNetherlands iPhone 12 Pro and Apple Watch SE (2023)iOS 16.5.1 for iPhone and WatchOS 9.5.2 Hi, none of the Bluetooth devices (which work, as I checked using Apple Music on the same Apple Watch) are recognized by Spotify on Apple Watch, while t...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Netherlands   iPhone 12 Pro and Apple Watch SE (2023) iOS 16.5.1 for iPhone and WatchOS 9.5.2     Hi, none of the Bluetooth devices (which work, as I checked using Apple...
  • Mixmaster_D
  • Visitor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Apple Watch
    bluetooth
    headphones
    not working
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to play anything in CarPlay

Spotify version8.9.19.571PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceiPhone 15 Pro Max / CarPlay in a Mini CooperOperating SystemiOS 17.3.1 My Question or IssueLately, Spotify is not able to play anything upon (re)connecting with CarPlay. It’ll show the l...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify version 8.9.19.571 Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device iPhone 15 Pro Max / CarPlay in a Mini Cooper Operating System iOS 17.3.1   My Question or Issue Lately, Spotify...
  • Eni
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why is car mode not working at all?

Car mode is not working at all. I have an iPhone 14 pro max which is up to date, as is the Spotify app. I have a Spotify duo account and I'm the main account holder.I have both "car mode" and "keep Spotify open" enabled but it won't recognise that I'...

• Casual Listener
  • Car mode is not working at all. I have an iPhone 14 pro max which is up to date, as is the Spotify app. I have a Spotify duo account and I'm the main account holder. I have both "car mode" and "ke...
  • ChrisDiz
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify app not working on IOS 17.4.1 IPhone

PlanFreeDevice(iPhone 11 Pro)Operating System(iOS 17.4.1) My Question or IssueHey there, I have recently unsubscribed from Spotify Premium after a few years, and I have updated my IOS to the latest version a few weeks back, but I am unsure this is re...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Device (iPhone 11 Pro) Operating System (iOS 17.4.1)   My Question or Issue Hey there, I have recently unsubscribed from Spotify Premium after a few years, and I have updated m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New issue with volume changes :/

it does not have any effect on local fileswhen I remember it used to just the same. not anymore. Plan/PremiumCountry Deviceiphone13 proOperating System(latest.) My Question or Issuevolume changes work fine nowbut only on spotify songsNOT local songs,...

• Gig Goer
  • it does not have any effect on local files when I remember it used to just the same.  not anymore.    Plan /Premium Country   Device iphone13 pro Operating System (late...
  • Vasil
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple CarPlay - Audio Playback Stopping

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DeviceIPhone 12Operating System17.3.1 My Question or IssueRecent bug seems to have appeared when playing audio on Spotify via apple car play. Audio will randomly pause and the user will be unable to resume/play the audio. ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia  Device IPhone 12 Operating System 17.3.1   My Question or Issue Recent bug seems to have appeared when playing audio on Spotify via apple car play....
  • lunne2k6
  • Visitor
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't join jams with an invite link

Plan: PremiumDevice: iPhone 14 ProOperating system: iOS 16.2App version: 8.8.94.545 My Question or IssueWhen somebody starts a jam and sends me an invite link, I can’t join the jam using this link. The link just opens the main screen of the Spotify a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Device: iPhone 14 Pro Operating system: iOS 16.2 App version: 8.8.94.545   My Question or Issue When somebody starts a jam and sends me an invite link, I ...
  • Thimis
  • Casual Listener
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    JAM
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Intrusive ai voice prior to resuming playback

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone se 2020) My Question or Issue Got back in the car after a visit and after reconnecting to bluetooth device a track played with a robot voice saying something like, “Resuming playback from your liked songs.” How can ...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone se 2020)     My Question or Issue   Got back in the car after a visit and after reconnecting to bluetooth device a track played with a...
  • captaindooley
  • 12 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Emailed local files wont play as part of playlist

I have always emailed myself files from my desktop to my iphone se 3rd gen to play on spotify. I save them to the Local Files folder from my email program. This has all worked fine.Lately, files that I email and then save to Local Files appear on the...

• Regular
  • I have always emailed myself files from my desktop to my iphone se 3rd gen to play on spotify. I save them to the Local Files folder from my email program. This has all worked fine. Lately, file...
  • Eni
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume buttons on device don't work when casting

As of Spotify 8.9.xx and newer I can't control the volume on my iPhone when casting to a Chromecast device. I need to go into the slider inside the Spotify app to change the volume. This is not an iOS or apple issue:My non working version of Spotify ...

• Gig Goer
  • As of Spotify 8.9.xx and newer I can't control the volume on my iPhone when casting to a Chromecast device. I need to go into the slider inside the Spotify app to change the volume.   This is ...
  • Beeeble
  • Regular
  • 224 replies
  • 38 likes
  • 224 replies
  • 38 likes

Superuser Contribution Disable "New Releases From"

I am a Premium user and on my iPhone the very top of the screen is always taken up by a "New Releases From: XXX" where XXX = some random artist I don't know/follow". I don't follow anyone and I don't want a part of my small screen taken up by unwante...

• Visitor
  • I am a Premium user and on my iPhone the very top of the screen is always taken up by a "New Releases From: XXX" where XXX = some random artist I don't know/follow".  I don't follow anyone and I...
  • goodMscOnlyPls
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution How can I stop getting in-app concert recommendations?

I've attached an example of some Direct marketing sent my way.How can I stop it? PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceIPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 17.1

• Regular
  • I've attached an example of some Direct marketing sent my way. How can I stop it?   Plan Premium Country UK Device IPhone 12 Operating System iOS 17.1      
  • rmb62470
  • Regular
  • 160 replies
  • 72 likes
  • 160 replies
  • 72 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't enter 2nd lvl folder on CarPlay

iPhone 12 Mini, iOS 15, latest Spotify, tested on Volvo S90 and BMW iX3. The 2nd level folder doesn't even show the little arrow on the left side of the list, after clicked, it starts playing the entire folder. This problem has been fixed before, but...

• Music Fan
  • iPhone 12 Mini, iOS 15, latest Spotify, tested on Volvo S90 and BMW iX3.   The 2nd level folder doesn't even show the little arrow on the left side of the list, after clicked, it starts playin...
  • felle42
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • iOS CarPlay
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes