Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify cutting songs short

Spotify cutting songs off short and starting the next song about 12/13 seconds in.

• Visitor
  • Spotify cutting songs off short and starting the next song about 12/13 seconds in.
  • tool3rdeye
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify bug skipps every Song iPhone 15 pro Max

https://files.fm/f/tswmd694dj Display Recording Video This is my Problem, https://streamable.com/jzfmv9Spotify Premium iPhone 15 Pro Max iOS 17.4.1 I Have Changed my iPhone with AppleCare+ i have changed my AirPods, i Have cleaned my Cache, iPhone Ha...

• Regular
  • https://files.fm/f/tswmd694dj  Display Recording Video  This is my Problem,  https://streamable.com/jzfmv9 Spotify Premium   iPhone 15 Pro Max  iOS 17.4.1  &nbsp...
  • Susan_GP
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggested albums are extremely strange

Is anyone else getting really odd suggested albums? Mine are mostly not in genres or artists that I typically listen to, and most artists have 1000 monthly listeners or less. It’s very strange.

• Visitor
  • Is anyone else getting really odd suggested albums? Mine are mostly not in genres or artists that I typically listen to, and most artists have 1000 monthly listeners or less. It’s very strange.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant change volume level from quiet to loud

I'm trying to change volume level on Iphone from quiet to loud. After pressing the "loud" option it seems like i did it, but after leaving the settings it switches back to guiet. No matter how many times i do that, it'll always switch back to quiet. ...

• Visitor
  • I'm trying to change volume level on Iphone from quiet to loud. After pressing the "loud" option it seems like i did it, but after leaving the settings it switches back to guiet. No matter how many t...
  • Dajns81
  • Visitor
  • 36 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 36 replies
  • 16 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast skips to next one randomly on iPhone

I often listen to podcasts, and at least on a weekly basis i have a podcast that will just skip ahead. Today it occurred and I had my AirPod in one ear and my phone was just laying on the counter. Nothing should have prompted the podcast to jump. I w...

• Visitor
  • I often listen to podcasts, and at least on a weekly basis i have a podcast that will just skip ahead. Today it occurred and I had my AirPod in one ear and my phone was just laying on the counter. No...
  • Susan_GP
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] Spotify refuses to play albums

I’m using an iPhone 12 mini with iOS 17.3.1 and the latest version of Spotify. Any time I try to play an album on Spotify and have to pause Spotify and switch to a different app and then back to Spotify, it refuses to remember the album and song I wa...

• Casual Listener
  • I’m using an iPhone 12 mini with iOS 17.3.1 and the latest version of Spotify.   Any time I try to play an album on Spotify and have to pause Spotify and switch to a different app and then bac...
  • Thomasmeis
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • music
    Other
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Save position in different playlists

Hi! Is it possible to save multiple playlist positions? For example: If I listen to a playlist A and switch to a playlist B. Is it possible to save the position within playlist A? Because if I switch back from B to A, I'll always have to search for m...

• Hi!   Is it possible to save multiple playlist positions? For example: If I listen to a playlist A and switch to a playlist B. Is it possible to save the position within playlist A? Because ...
  • DarqueMood
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 13 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume buttons on device don't work when casting

As of Spotify 8.9.xx and newer I can't control the volume on my iPhone when casting to a Chromecast device. I need to go into the slider inside the Spotify app to change the volume. This is not an iOS or apple issue:My non working version of Spotify ...

• Gig Goer
  • As of Spotify 8.9.xx and newer I can't control the volume on my iPhone when casting to a Chromecast device. I need to go into the slider inside the Spotify app to change the volume.   This is ...
  • PanaromicTiger
  • Casual Listener
  • 212 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 212 replies
  • 35 likes

Superuser Contribution My Apple TV isn't seen from the same Wi-Fi in Spotify Connect

It used to work, and then some weeks ago, it suddenly stopped working.I've tried reinstalling Spotify everywhere, rebooting the apple TV (which is on the latest firmware), the router.From my laptop, I can ping the Apple TV IP, and traceroute says it'...

• Regular
  • It used to work, and then some weeks ago, it suddenly stopped working. I've tried reinstalling Spotify everywhere, rebooting the apple TV (which is on the latest firmware), the router. From my lapt...
  • ewjoachim
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Missing song

Track SUGAR - maroon 5 supposed in my playlist .. Suddenly disappear .. Then I search again .. Wanted to add back to my playlists .. Sadly ... No more this track in Spotify .. How come ??? Does label take it out ?Also .. Till now .. I still can searc...

• Track SUGAR - maroon 5 supposed in my playlist .. Suddenly disappear .. Then I search again .. Wanted to add back to my playlists .. Sadly ... No more this track in Spotify .. How come ??? Does label...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume resets to max when scrolling through instagram stories

Hi everyone, for quite some time I'm experiencing an issue with volume, which kind of freaks me out so much, that I'm starting this thread here. Every time I'm scrolling through Instagram Stories on my iPhone XR, running iOS 12.3.1, while listening t...

• Hi everyone,   for quite some time I'm experiencing an issue with volume, which kind of freaks me out so much, that I'm starting this thread here.   Every time I'm scrolling through Ins...
  • mrkssngr
  • 3 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Instagram
    loud
    Max
    revert
    Stories
    Story
    volume
  • 3 replies
  • 9 likes

Error in playing music

So I’m on free Spotify plan and these buttons saying “you have unlocked premium features, buy it to unlock” or something along the line. I wouldn’t have a problem about this but it’s the fact that it completely took away my ability to actually listen...

• Visitor
  • So I’m on free Spotify plan and these buttons saying “you have unlocked premium features, buy it to unlock” or something along the line. I wouldn’t have a problem about this but it’s the fact that it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Turning shuffle off goes back to the top of the playlist

When I select shuffle and then I want toturn shuffle off when I am at an artist in my list I want to continue listening to, playback starts back at the top of the playlist. Is this a bug? It used to function fine and pick up at the next song in the l...

• Visitor
  • When I select shuffle and then I want to turn shuffle off when I am at an artist in my list I want to continue listening to, playback starts back at the top of the playlist. Is this a bug? It used t...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple Watch downloads failed

PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone 12Operating System(iOS 10, My Question or IssueI have a playlist that is downloaded on my iPhone (12), when I select “download to Apple Watch “ it instantly says “failed” In The downloads of my watch .. .(series 6)

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone 12 Operating System (iOS 10,   My Question or Issue I have a playlist  that is downloaded on my iPhone (12), when I select “download to ...
  • Ffffffffffffff
  • Casual Listener
  • 27 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 27 replies
  • 6 likes

how do i fix the sound constantly cutting out

almost any bluetooth device i pair to, the sound just randomly cuts out every so often. sometimes it'll be really bad where the cut out happens for 10-15 seconds at a time, or the frequency of the cut out will be every second. i've tested it on multi...

• Visitor
  • almost any bluetooth device i pair to, the sound just randomly cuts out every so often. sometimes it'll be really bad where the cut out happens for 10-15 seconds at a time, or the frequency of the cu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution "We can't play this until you allow this track in the Spotify phone app", nothing works

PlanPremiumCountryMexicoDeviceiPhone 12 Pro / Windows 11Operating SystemiOS 17 My Question or IssueToday I decided to play Silk Sonic, it's been a while since I've played their music, clicked on play on my Desktop App (Win11) and the following messag...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Mexico Device iPhone 12 Pro / Windows 11 Operating System iOS 17   My Question or Issue Today I decided to play Silk Sonic, it's been a while since I've played the...
  • francisgoca
  • Music Fan
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • (iOS)
    We can't play this song until you allow this artist in the spotify phone app
    windows11
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Login after Logout not possible anymore

PlanPremium FamilyCountryGermanyDeviceiPadOperating SystemiOS 10.3.4 My Question or IssueUntil now we had one account that we shared within the family. Among other things, my iPhone and my son's old iPad were registered. Yesterday I converted the Pre...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Family Country Germany Device iPad Operating System iOS 10.3.4   My Question or Issue Until now we had one account that we shared within the family. Among other th...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

my spotify isn't connecting to my discord??

when i try to connect my spotify to my discord, it doesn't work, and it shows an error saying 'failed to connect your spotify account to your discord'

• Visitor
  • when i try to connect my spotify to my discord, it doesn't work, and it shows an error saying 'failed to connect your spotify account to your discord'
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Liked Songs] Shuffle button resets when switching back to liked songs

When I have shuffle toggled on in Liked songs, then switch to another playlist, then switch back to liked songs, shuffle will be toggled off. This only occurs when I control playback from my Spotify app on iOS. I tested on desktop version, and this i...

• Casual Listener
  • When I have shuffle toggled on in Liked songs, then switch to another playlist, then switch back to liked songs, shuffle will be toggled off. This only occurs when I control playback from my Spotify ...
  • Maria
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution A few of my Spotify local files won't sync to my phone :(

I have lots of local files on my Spotify desktop and my phone. By adding them to playlists and downloading, I can listen both on my iPhone and Mac desktop. However, there are a few songs that it won't work for. I don't know why!

• Gig Goer
  • I have lots of local files on my Spotify desktop and my phone. By adding them to playlists and downloading, I can listen both on my iPhone and Mac desktop. However, there are a few songs that it won'...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes