Sleep mode

Solved!

Re: Sleep mode

hallucination61
Casual Listener

Good news for Android users!

I've made a non-premium flow chart on Automate application which will let you set sleep timer like a native feature.

Just get the Automate app (free) then download my free flow.

http://llamalab.com/automate/community/flows/18038

Hopes this helps, enjoy!

4 people liked this

SimonOls
Regular

Hi! 

If you are on android you check out this app. It fades out the music after the given time, and it can also turn off Bluetooth, Wifi and Screen. (If you watch movies). 

You can read more about it here: http://sleeptimerforandroid.com/

And it is available on the Google Play Store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smholsen.sleeptimerallmedia

Also it is free.

hallucination61
Casual Listener

Well i've downloaded the app but I don't think it is going to last ad-free for long time. Like many other apps enabled advertising after they've gone popular

Thanks for the recommendation btw

mirji356
Casual Listener

Hi,

I just tried your App and it looks good. I wondered that it doesn't request for any access permissions. Which is good. Unfortunately it also does not do anything. After the timer expired nothing happened. What have I been doing wrong? My Android version is 7.0.

mirji356
Casual Listener

Hi again,

I have to apologize. The app works like a charm. The problem was, that with Spotify I played the music over a different device (my Yamaha AV receiver), which unfortunately is not muted after the timer expires. But if it is played over the Smartphone itself, it works like a charm.

SimonOls
Regular

Aha, so your Yamaha AV Receiver has a "built in" Spotify player, if I am understanding you correctly, which you control via your smartphone over WiFi, (Not bluetooth)?

I am not entirely sure just now about how to solve this issue, but I have a similar setup where I am able to test, so I will do my best to see if I can find a solution that can work for your setup. 

And I will get back to you here as soon as I can figure anything out

If you have any other ideas/ improvements you wish to see on the app please just let me know :) 

Agomez170

Is there a solution for Android users?

LukeHM
Casual Listener

Why do you assume that the original poster has an iPhone?

Jessicalee303
Casual Listener

I mean I do have an iPhone but I have seen several people reply to the thread with solutions for android users as well.  The solutions have been great help either way and I have definitely been using the suggested sleep timer on my iPhone. I will say though it would still be nice if Spotify could just make that a built in feature so that android users don’t have to download a whole other app just to be able to have the ability to put the music on a timer. 

Lily16-18

What about on iPad?

SUGGESTED POSTS