Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Slow app startup.

Slow app startup.

I'm using spotify premium on an iPhone 5s. It takes 5-10 minutes for the app to load (no joke). It then usually crashes. Upon the second reboot it takes 3 minutes to load and then seems to work until I stop using that app. I then have to go through the whole process again.

I deleted the old app and re-installed spotify again. I did this several times and there was no improvement. I re-installed the OS (latest version) and re-installed spotify, same issue. I brought the phone to the apple store. They gave me a new phone and I'm still having the same issue with spotify. 

This has been going on for months now.

Any suggestions??

7 Replies

Hi and welcome to the community,

may I ask you for the following things?

What is the iOS version you have installed on your phone? And which version of the Spotify app are you using.

Are you on a Wifi network or on mobile data? 

I assume you have done a full re-install of the app: https://support.spotify.com/nl/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/

----------------------------
Just a fan of Spotify.
If your question is answered, please mark the right solution.

Greetz,
Mark

Exactly the same problem here.

This happens on all our Apple products in our household (3 x iPhone 5S's and 3 x iPad Airs)..... Spotify is trying to tell me there is a problem with my devices??????

I'm cancelling!

Hey there, if you look at my previous answer you can notice that I am not saying that the problem is device related.

With a previous version of the app, I noticed also slower startup times. But for troubleshooting the issues your experiencing it is neccesary to know which OS version your running, the app version, what are you doing before it crashes, and stuff like that.

Remember: we're just here to try to help you.

Just a fan of Spotify.

Greetz,
Mark

1. Your iPhone might be Out of Available Storage Space iPhones have a limited amount of storage space. I think that one of your problem is that you have too many apps or you have too many photos and etc. Which takes up a lot of your iPhone space my recommendation is that you should Keep At least 500MB of space free and 1GB free if you want to be saved.

2. You have too many apps loaded in your memory (ram) Computers have the same problem if you have too many applications on you will start to notice that your computer will start to slow down, The best way to stop yourself from having to many apps in the memory (ram) is to double click the home button and then use your finger to swipe it off the top of the screen. (don’t worry this does not delete the app on your phone)

Let me know if this works 

Thanks for the tips everyone.

I wish it was all that simple but I've tried many of these things over the past few months as I mentioned in my original post. I have re-installed the app lots, re-installed the OS lots, and recieved a new phone from apple so i think it is unlikely to be the phone or OS.

I have 15GB or more of free space, running iOS 9.3.4. I had the same problem on earlier iOS 9 versions. (9.3.3 etc). It's been an issue since April.

Any other suggestions? I would love to solve this.

Thanks again.

P.S. I don't run too many apps. It's not a ram issue, unless the newer spotify apps are too power hungry for an iPhone 5s.

Does any one have any more suggestions before I cancel my membership?

This really makes spotify un-useable on my iphone but I love it when it works!

Much thanks.

Hi again,

I've checked out a few people but it seems better that you contact Spotify support. You can send a tweet to @SpotifyCares (ussualy fast response) or go to https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

Let me know when and how it's resolved or if I can do anything else for you.

Just a fan of Spotify.

Greetz,
Mark

Suggested posts