Premium

Country

Sweden/Canada

Device

iPhone 6S

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

Local files from my desktop (Windows 10) can be added to Spotify, but only some are able to sync and download to my iPhone. It doesn't appear to be based on anything. Some tracks uploaded to a playlist 2 weeks ago haven't downloaded onto my phone, while a song uploaded to a playlist last week has downloaded. Both of these songs were uploaded to playlists from the same computer.

The tracks that haven't downloaded have also been formerly downloaded to the phone, so it's not an issue of DRM. I can't figure out what's going on. I've tried connecting my computer to my phone via hotspot, I've tried disabling the firewall on my computer. Nothing seems to be working. What can I do at this point?

2 Replies

Hey there @massheton

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Keep in mind that when managing your local files all your devices should be connected to the same network. It's also important to check if the files belong to a type supported by Spotify. You'll find more info about the supported file types here.  

You can also try changing the source of the local files. Simply create a new folder in a different directory on your device and move your local files to this folder. Then just delete the old folder used for the local files. Now you can try importing the files again. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

All devices are connected to the same network. I even tried using my mobile hotspot at one point. All of the files are .mp3 files. 

I tried changing the source of some of the local files, and it didn't work at all. Even so, some of my songs have downloaded from the old directory. Why is it the case that only some of them download?

Suggested posts