Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast glitching out; won't allow play on select episodes

Solved!

Podcast glitching out; won't allow play on select episodes

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 7+

My Question or Issue

I am attempting to listen to BBC's Global News Podcast. However, episodes will seemingly randomly not play on my phone (no issue on PC). I will be able to listen to one just fine, and then the next day rolls around and tapping the episode will play it for a split second and then stop, closing the Now Playing tab. 

Any ideas? Thanks!

54 Replies

I’m having a similar issue where certain podcasts load immediately and others keep pausing every few seconds as if it’s buffering. I listen to Barstool podcasts and those never have issues, I can scrub along and pick up the episodes wherever and they work fine. I’ve recently picked up “Stuff You Should Know” and every few seconds it stops. I have premium, I have T-Mobile unlimited so even when I’m out of data music streaming works fine, and I have an iPhone 6S. Not sure what I can do to fix this but definitely it depends on the podcast I’m listening to because certain ones work fine but others just don’t. I’ve noticed this with my music as well. 

the 'And Thats Why We Drink' podcast at least episodes 73 and 74 arent playing on my PC (a Dell Laptop) but play on my Iphone.  I restarted, i did a clean re-download as well and it still doesnt work.

When playing music on PC it does play.

I pay for premium every month. I am having issues with my iphone app. I have made all the software updates. However, whenever i go to play a song after approximately 1 minute the song skips to the next song without prompting. Thishas been an issue for several days. I even bought new headphones thinking that was the issue, and i am currently having no other issueswith the phobe. Thisis an urgent matter that deserves immediate attention because i am a paying customer.

Just trying out premium.  Trying to play postcasts "up and vanished" and if I click on a certain episode, it will always skip to the next in the que.  Can't seem to change the que either.  Irritating as f.  Was thinking to subscribe, but no unless this problem is ID'd and fixed pretty quick.

Hi! 

Just yesterday I started having this same issue with  ALL episodes of My Favorite Murder, although once I started noticing it, most other podcasts are entirely greyed out and won't play, or are partially greyed out.

I've tried logging out, reinstalling, etc. And it doesn't make a difference.

Any help is appreciated!

Hi! 

Just yesterday I started having this same issue with  ALL episodes of My Favorite Murder, although once I started noticing it, most other podcasts are entirely greyed out and won't play, or are partially greyed out.

I've tried logging out, reinstalling, etc. And it doesn't make a difference.

Hey I was having same issue where I was unable to play podcasts from my computer. Specifically Barstool sports. 

Most bizarre thing, I was trying to sign into this to update the forum and let you know that I was experiencing the issue. I had to verify my account to sign in, once I verified the account the podcasts started immediately playing?

Jk on my last reply it stopped working again. Do we have an ETA on repair?

I have the same issue, but actually only on the desktop app and the web player, but works on mobile.

None of the BBC "In Our Time" podcast episodes will play on Spotify-Roku. They play on Spotify-PC and Spotify-Android just fine. Other podcasts play fine on Spotify-Roku. 

hey guys!

Has this been resolved in any way? I've tried playing a bunch of different podcasts to see if it was just one but all of them wont work. My music is fine. I've played random playlists to check. This is all through the app. I have an iphone 6s and unlimited music streaming so it shouldn't be a data plan problem. My podcasts were working last week just fine....

Thanks!

Hey @jositrantanella,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Could you first try a clean reinstall of the app?

If that doesn't do the trick, would you mind clarifying the exact issue by providing us with the following info:

• Can you describe what happens when you try to play a podcast?
  • Is this happening across different devices?
  • Are you connected to any external devices when trying to play a podcast (e.g. speakers, Bluetooth headphones, etc.)?
  • Is this happening with specific podcasts (for example, some users have mentioned that only BBC podcasts don't work for them)?

Once we have all that info, we'll be able to look into this further.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 12.1.4

My Question or Issue

some of my podcast episodes can not be completed.  They get close to the end of the episode then skip to the next episode.  Even if I go back and try to continue the episode it will repeatedly skip to the next episode.  

This issue also causes the episode to always show up in the unplaced filter.

9B774732-B5E3-46B1-A973-74270DA7F7B1.png

Hi,

I'm also having issues playing podcasts which were fine last week.

Right now I have issues playing episodes of Swindled. It'**bleep** or miss, in the last 2 days podcasts either (a) don't play or load at all; or (b) start playing only ~10plus minutes of loading. Podcast episode downloads don't work at all.

Music streaming and downloads work fine. Other podcasts I've tried so far have worked. 

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Does this happen if you try it with another internet connection?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Reinstall and rebooting did not solve the problem. Seems to be more server side than client.

Happening on my devices as well. If Spotify wants to be a big player in podcasts, they need to sort this sh¡t out yesterday.

Yes, with all the glitches that have popped out of nowhere this year this is one of the most annoying. Yes I have rebooted and even re downloaded the app and everything. But this happens with almost every podcast episode I listen to (usually around the 40-50 minute mark if  remember correctly but that might just be a coincidence)

but yeah idk how you guys have been messing up the app in the past couple months, it was perfect last year and now redesigns are making things impossible and glitches are popping up everywhere. Changes like this should still be in beta or better yet just not be approved

Have you noticed that the app doesn’t remember the filter you picked anymore either?  It use to remember to show my only the Unplayed episodes.  Now it always resets to Show All.

Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for all your reports so far.

We've passed this on to the right teams and they are aware of this.

Right now, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest and best version.

In the meanwhile, if you need a hand with anything else, don't hesitate to start a new thread in our Help Boards and we'll be happy to take a closer look.

Have a nice day!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts