Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some Songs Won't Sync

Some Songs Won't Sync

I can't seem to find my exact issue anywhere. I had this problem with my iPod Touch 4, and even after upgrading to iPod Touch 5 I'm having the same problem.

Basically, some of the songs in my playlists that I have chosen to be available offline won't sync to my iPod. For instance, my Starred playlist on the desktop version of Spotify has 214 tracks, but after syncing, the same playlist on the iPod touch has only 211 tracks. I don't know which tracks are missing. The tracks I've added most recently are not missing. The playlist is a mix of local and non-local files. Many of the local files have synced. Many of the non-local files have Synced. I do not know if the missing tracks are local or not, but my only way of figuring out is going through the playlists track by track. This is happening with multiple playlists. Please help.

10 Replies

Update:

I've determined that there were only three tracks missing from multiple playlists. All three were local files. Two of them have mysteriously sorted themselves out since I posted. One is still missing. I've noticed that the album I have listed for the track in iTunes is different from the album it plays from in Spotify (For all three of the tracks, actually). Could that have something to do with it?

It seems searching for the tracks while offline and then going online fixes the missing tracks. Still doen't explain why this is happening, though.

Hi,

To sync local files, please make sure that your iDevice is showing up in the 'Devices' Section of Spotify for PC/Mac. That way, your local files will sync. Also make sure that the folder you keep your local music files in is indexed by spotify (Edit>preferences>Local files, add the music folder from there).

Please also make sure you leave your Spotify app in the foreground for the duration of the sync, as Spotify can't sync in the background.

The fact the album name is different in iTunes should not affect Spotify, provided the music which is displayed in the local files section is dragged and dropped into a Spotify playlist, so there's no need to worry about changing anything there

It would be helpful if you could reply using the troubleshooting template which can be found here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/iOS-Troubleshooting-Spotify/td-p/105...

Feel free to let me know if there's anything else I can do to help 🙂

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Description

See above.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. Added songs to playlists.

2. Made playlists available offline in desktop version of Spotify.

3. Made same playlists available in iOS version of Spotify.

4. Connected iPod to same wi-fi as computer

5. Waited for sync

What I expected to happen

Expected all songs in each offline playlist to sync.

What actually happened

Instead, three songs didn't sync. All three were local files, but NOT the only local files in the playlists.

My iPad/iPhone model

iPod Touch 5

Device’s Operating System

Is your device jailbroken?

No

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

20 playlists, including default playlists such as Starred, Local Files, and Liked From Radio

10 available offline

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

E.g. 0.8.8.45

My provider and country

Not relevant; iPod touch

My username

hankwikle

Syncing local files isn't really the issue. I know how to sync local files, and almost all of them synced successfully. The three that didn't sync are all local files, yes, but I believe that the problem is something else that is specific to these tracks. I believe the key to understanding what's going on is that searching for the missing songs while offline and then going back online somehow restored the missing tracks. Note that going offline and online again WITHOUT searching for the missing tracks did not restore them.

Hi,

To resolve this, I think the best thing to do would be to submit a support ticket here:https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/

You will receive an automated reply. Reply to this directly and one of Spotify's agents will help you out.

Are the file types the same? Are the lengths of those songs drastically different? Are all the songs from the same artist/album i.e. are they connected in any way?

If it is possible, try searching for the local file you are trying to import in spotify, and see if the song is available in spotify itself.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

The file types are not the same. Two are AAC files and one is an MPEG. They are all from different artists on different albums, and the lengths are comparable. The songs are available on Spotify itself, but the albums are different (one of the albums is the same but there are minor differences in punctuation). If it helps, the specific songs are:

Supermassive Black Hole by Muse on Black Holes & Revelations (Album is Supermassive Black Hole on Spotify)

Champagne Supernova by Oasis on (What's The Story) Morning Glory? (Album is [What's The Story] Morning Glory on Spotify)

Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons on Neon Gold: Best Albums of 2009 (Album is Sigh No More on Spotify)

The issue could be stemming from those file types, both AAC and MPEG are not listed as supported local file types.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Almost every song in my iTunes library is one of those two file types, and these three are the only ones I'm having trouble with in Spotify. Also, I don't claim to know much about file types, but I believe MPEG is MP3, so from the looks of it, it is supported.

I'm having the same issue. I synced the white album (bought on iTunes) and for some reason three arbitrary songs won't sync. I tried the offline search and it didn't help

Suggested posts