Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

(iOS 12.3.1

My Question or Issue

I have downloaded 358 songs on my phone. Ever since im on vacation in Brazil, only some songs play. (For example “Rolex” by “Capital Bra”; “Nie wieder broke” by “Kalim” or “Summer of my life” by “Gringo” always play. But almost all my other songs, for example “Benzema” or “Bye Bye” by “Capital Bra” don’t play offline even though I downloaded them. When i connect to WiFi, I can play them. Btw i tried deleting and then downloading all the songs. I tried lower music quality. Help 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @76hyperbeast, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Does logging out > restart device > log back in make a difference? If that doesn't help, could you try a clean reinstall of the app?

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @76hyperbeast, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Does logging out > restart device > log back in make a difference? If that doesn't help, could you try a clean reinstall of the app?

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

UPDATE: I deleted the App and then downloaded it again. It worked. Thx

Hey @76hyperbeast,

No problem! I'm happy to hear this.

If you have any more questions or need help in the future - you can always reply here or start up a new thread and the Community will be more than happy to help.

Have a great day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

I experienced a similar problem. Offline songs that were playing on my Mac computer via the Spotify app, would appear to download to my iPhone. However, when I tried playing them on the phone with the Spotify app, there would be no volume. When I advanced to the next song or tried to go back to the previous song, the song in question would vanish from the playlist on my phone!

I tracked this down to an issue with the file extension. The songs that would not play had a ".MP3" extension instead of an ".mp3" extension (i.e. the songs would be called "Alone.MP3" and not "Alone.mp3".

Once I changed the file extension to .mp3 and added it back to the playlist, the problem was solved!

I have a similar problem I have most of my music downloaded on my iPad but most songs won’t play offline until I connect to a connection or hotspot. I restarted the iPad and even cleared the cache but nothing happened it stayed the same everything is up to date with the app and even with IOS

Hey @Bal79,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

Can you check if the same issue occurs on a different device? It's also a good idea to try with another account. That way we can see if is a device or account-related issue.

You can also send us screenshots of what you are seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts