Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some songs have stopped playing!

Some songs have stopped playing!

Hi All, 

I couldn't find an exact answer to this so thought i'd try here. 

I've got an iPhone 6 and spotify premium account which Ive had for ages. Over the last few months, some of my songs within my playlists (all set to available offline) have become unplayable through my iPhone. They appear grey when it gets to the song and it doesn't start to play (nor does it list how long the song is etc). 

These songs used to play fine on my iPhone and its not a case of them being unavailable in my country (UK) as they are mainstream songs (for example - Brianstorm by Arctic Monkeys).  There does not seem to be any link to why some songs have suddenly started doing this but it is very annoying, particularly when you put a playlist on shuffle and it gets to one of these songs and just stays on it without playing. 

What is also strange is that the songs will play on my laptop where they appear normally. 

I've tried deleting them from the playlist and then redownloading but I still get the same problem. 

Any advice?!

2 Replies

Hey m84042,

Welcome to the Community!

Could you post some URI links to the tracks that this happens with? Just two or three would be great.

When you search for Brianstorm, are you able to play the track if it's not in your playlist?

Also, does this happen when both online and offline?

Hi, thanks for your reply! 

I'm very naive and have no idea how to post URI links but have attached a couple of screenshots. 

The problem occurs both offline and online. Effectively, there are just some songs that wont play from my iphone. As previously mentioned, they work if I try to play them from my laptop. 

Funnily enough, if I search for Brianstorm seperately, I can play it on my iphone from the single version of Brianstorm, but not if I access the Favourite Worst Nightmare album and then play it through there (which must be where it was saved to my playlist from).

Any ideas?

image1.PNG
image2.PNG

Suggested posts