Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some songs will sync, others won't...

Some songs will sync, others won't...

Just recently, I've noticed that some of my songs that I had imported into the "Local Playlist" on my laptop won't play on my iPod touch 4th gen. The songs work when I play them from the laptop but not on the iPod.  I go to play the songs and it comes up with "Track not synced-If you own this track, you can sync it from your computer". I have deleted the songs everywhere in spotify on my laptop and iPod, re-added them...still didn't work, re-added them to a new playlist...still didn't work...deleted Spotify off of my iPod and reinstalled it and all of the songs and that still didn't work. I'm here to ask, is there a solution to fixing this problem or is it out of my control. Also, does it have something to do with the fact that the songs aren't actually available on Spotify Australia..some of the songs are from the Avenged Sevenfold self titled album if that for some reason helps. If anyone can assist me with this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

8 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

You should sync your iPod with Spotify. You can do this by connecting your iPod to the same WiFi network as your computer, and selecting the devices option from the left bar.

Make sure you have the Spotify app open on your iPod!

Liam

I already know how to sync songs to my iPod....

The spotify on my computer sees my ipod as a device and I have spotify open on my ipod touch 4th gen. but it still will not sync

Hey, are these tracks DRM protected so they will only work on the one machine by any chance?

@Andrewspag wrote:

I already know how to sync songs to my iPod....

Are you trying to synch local files or spotify content? Check out this post to see if it helps.

It's alright now, it just seemed to be a problem with the Spotify app on my iPod.

that post did not work. Apparently, offline mode is online for Premium Users now.

@Samablam wrote:

that post did not work. Apparently, offline mode is online for Premium Users now.

After connecting your iOS device(s) to the same WiFi network as your computer, do they show under Devices on Spotify on your computer? If so, how much free space is shown in the bar at the top? We'd recommend 500MB for syncing - and a lot more if you're syncing a lot of tracks.

Also, how many tracks have you already synced to those devices? There's a 3,333 track limit per device.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Suggested posts