Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone Please help me with unresponsive/always freezing IOS app!

Someone Please help me with unresponsive/always freezing IOS app!

HI! I am so very frustrated with spotify and I am wondering why I still PAY FOR PREMIUM! The app is CONSTANTLTY freezing, going unresponsive or being super slow. I had deleted it 4 TIMES NOW and it still continues freezing! I just uninstalled it a few minutes ago, because it was frozen on the playlist page no matter what I did (I restarted my phone, and went back on the app and it was still frozen). Whenever I try to download songs to a playlist, guess what - IT FREEZES! I am seriously so desperate for help, because uninstalling it every week and redownloading all my songs is a waste of my time for something I pay 10 bucks a month for. Oh and, I am using the iPhone 5 (iOS 9.2 I think (not most recent ios)), with the most recent update for spotify (if that helps). Thanks. ****UPDATE, I thought it was working, but guess what, it froze on playlist page and now won't open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Replies

Hey @autumnpowers

Let's try to troubleshoot this issue with you. 🙂

First of all, please try a clean reinstallation. This can resolve many common issues. 

If you're still having trouble after a reinstall, please let us know the following details:

1. Exact Device (e.g. iPhone 6)
  2. Exact operating system (e.g. iOS 9.3.1)
  3. Spotify app version installed (4.8)
  4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? When scrolling through tracks? When searching? 
  5. About how many playlists do you have?
  6. Is your device Jailbroken?

If you could get back to us with those details it would be great. Thanks!

I've clean reinstalled it 2 times.
iPhone 5
iOS 9.2
Spotify 5.3.0 (it happened before i updated aswell)
The app freezes whenever i go to my playlists. It will stay frozen in the same page, even if i turn my phone off, log back in to spotify it will be in playlists, unresponsive.
I don't know the exact number because I can't access them but, ones i've made : around 4
No my phone is no jailbroken

Hey, I'm having the same problem as him
1. iPhone 6
2. iOS 9.3.3
3. 5.7.0
4. All I'm doing is trying to log in and after 10 seconds the app becomes unresponsive
5. Like 5-6
6. Yeah my device is jailbroken

I am having the same problem for a week or two now. I cannot use the app on my iPhone or iPod touch:
Device/s: iPhone 6s and iPod Touch
What I am doing: all I do is open the app, when I am looking at the music, regardless of where I am i.e. Playlists, browse, search, my music etc. the app freezes after 10 secs. It's exactly the same on both devices.
Playlists: I don't have many, less than 5
Jailbreak: neither device is jail broken.

Having recently upgraded to premium this is very frustrating, I have to use my laptop to use Spotify which is rather inconvenient. I have clean reinstalled several times on both devices.

Any help appreciated 😀

Suggested posts