Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Something went wrong, please try again later

Solved!

Something went wrong, please try again later

Hi All, I've downloaded the latest compatible version of Spotify for my iPad. Whenever I try to log in, I get the error message "Something went wrong, please try again later". I can successfully log in on other devices including my laptop. I even tried creating a new account and got the same error message. I've also tried the following as recommended in another support post:

1. Connect to a different wifi

2. Delete and reinstall the app

3. Reboot the iPad

Any other suggestions?

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPad MD513X/A

Operating System

iOS 10.3.3

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @StokedNomad, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I just took a closer look and the reason this may be happening is that your iOS version doesn't fall within the system requirements, which you can check out here.

You'll need to be on iOS 12 or later for the app to work properly on your device. 

Something that I can suggest is to try using the Web Player on the browser and see if you're able to listen to your favorite tunes from there. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @StokedNomad, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I just took a closer look and the reason this may be happening is that your iOS version doesn't fall within the system requirements, which you can check out here.

You'll need to be on iOS 12 or later for the app to work properly on your device. 

Something that I can suggest is to try using the Web Player on the browser and see if you're able to listen to your favorite tunes from there. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

I was hoping that wasn't the case but it would seem you're right. I can't even get it to log in on a web browser on that device. We had been using that iPad to run Square up until now without problems. However, it seems like Spotify has cut off any access for a device of that age. A shame since using an old apple device purely as a music player is a great way to make use of such a thing. Even the Virgin in flight entertainment app still works. Not so for Spotify. Thanks heaps for the help.

Hey @StokedNomad

I understand your concern about this, and I will make sure to pass your feedback on as it's appreciated. 

If you need a hand with anything in the future, you can always start a new topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts