Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song Playing Glitch

Solved!

Song Playing Glitch

Hello spotify users, I have a really frustrating problem witm my spotify. Lets start with that im a non-premium user and I am on a Mac. Ok on my playlist that I crreated on my account I have quite a lot of songs. Some of them I downloaded like two months ago. Heres the problem, the older songs do not play. I dont mean that I click the song and its mute. I mean it showes the cover for a split second then skips the song and goes to a newer song (newly downloaded). Iv'e looked for a while, and what people say to do is delete the files in preferences. That doesn't work cause its a mac. Can some one please help me?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey thank you so much for your help. But as it turns out I just had to delete my cache. But thanks for your help

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi! Sorry to hear you're struggling.

This seems to be a common glitch with older posts.  If you have the files downloaded on your computer, try deleting them from both Finder (on Mac) and your Spotify account.  Then you can either redownload them, or try getting them from a different source (finding the same song with a slightly different length is a good way to ensure you've picked a new file.)  You can also try using the form of the song found on Spotify, rather than an offline file.  However, if you are not using an offline file, and it is the Spotify tracks that are glitching, you have some options. Your best option is probably finding the song from a new location (another album, someone's playlist, a chart, etc. Best way to confirm that it's another source is to save the song.  You can only save a song once, so if it lets you save the new one, that means its a different source/file of the same song.) If that still doesn't work, you may need to uninstall and reinstall Spotify.  Before doing so, make sure you have the most updated version possible.  To uninstall from a Mac, go to Finder, then search Spotify. Right click on the app and Move to Trash.  Then go to Spotify.com and follow the web browser instructions for installing the app again.

Hope that helps!

If I helped you, likes please!
If I answered you, Accept as Solution!!
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check out my backstage interview

Hey Thank you so much for your reply. But I had a question, I dont know if Iv'e downloaded any files to my computer. I looked could you tell me how to get to these folders and then delete them. Thanks man.

Sure. You're on a Mac, so if you go to Finder, search the song titles in All Files (otherwise, search for mp3, mp4, or audio wav files). If nothing comes up, you don't have them on your computer. If, however, you find audio files containing the songs in question, you'll want to right click on them and Move to Trash. Hope that helps, be sure to Accept as Solution if it works so others can see it too.

Marked as solution

Hey thank you so much for your help. But as it turns out I just had to delete my cache. But thanks for your help

Not a problem. Glad you got it figured out!

Suggested posts