Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song Unavailable (not downloading from local files)

Song Unavailable (not downloading from local files)

Plan - Premium

Country - Canada

Device - iPhone XS

Operating System - iOS 12.1.4

My Question or Issue:

I am unable to play certain songs on my iPhone that can be played with no issues on Desktop Spotify player.

Screenshot from iPhone shows this song as "unavailable" even though it plays fine on the desktop, second screenshot. Looks like it is not downloading for the offline stream - this is a local file.

As I was going through my other songs I have noticed that Spotify refuses to play these songs that are available in other countries specifically (song from the screenshot is available in Japan, for example)

but I don't understand why this matters if I have the song as a local file on my computer. 

53485409_570740286756680_682104307696271360_n.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 16.34.17.png
8 Replies

anyone? 

hello? anyone?

amazing support. 

help? no?

no help? 

Have you synced the file from you computer to your mobile device? Looking at your screenshot the song is grayed out in the playlist on your mobile device.

Hey there @hleb91

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

We suggest you change the source of the local files on your device. Simply create a new folder in a different directory on your device and move your local files to this folder. Then just delete the old folder used for the local files. Now you can try importing the files again. 

It's also a good idea to run a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device. We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Hey there! I’m having the same problem and your advices don’t actually work ... I have uploaded a playlist with my local files on the desktop but I can’t see them on my phone. I tried downloading the playlist and it says it’s downloaded but there are no songs there. The songs that I’m listening to on desktop. I am a premium user and I reinstalled apps on desktop and iPhone and changed the folder with local files. Still, nothing’s working! Help ;(

Suggested posts