Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song file syncing

Solved!

Song file syncing

There's this album that's partly unavailable in my country (some of the songs are available but others aren't), but I have bought the record and downloaded the music files to my computer and am able to play them through Spotify on my PC thanks to that. I was wondering if there's any way to do the same on my iPhone, so I'll be able to add songs to Spotify playlists?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

If you add local files to a playlist, you only need to connect your iphone to the computer, go to devices and sync the playlist with the local files, then you'll be able to listen to those local songs.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Try this:

1. Using the desktop app, add local music files you want to sync to a playlist. (I suggest naming this playlist Local FIles)
  2. Make sure your phone is connected to the same WiFi network as your computer.
  3. Tap the Menu button button.
  4. Tap Your Music.
    Your Music button
  5. Tap Playlists.
    Playlists button
  6. Select the playlist containing the local music files and press the Available Offline switch at the top.
  7. Available offline slider
  8. A green arrow will appear next to the playlist when it is done syncing
    Offline sync green icon

Also, I suggest leaving the app open (turn off auto lock in iPhone settings) because it can take a while to sync depending on how many local files you have. Sometimes syncing will stop when you close the app.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

If you add local files to a playlist, you only need to connect your iphone to the computer, go to devices and sync the playlist with the local files, then you'll be able to listen to those local songs.

Marked as solution

Try this:

1. Using the desktop app, add local music files you want to sync to a playlist. (I suggest naming this playlist Local FIles)
  2. Make sure your phone is connected to the same WiFi network as your computer.
  3. Tap the Menu button button.
  4. Tap Your Music.
    Your Music button
  5. Tap Playlists.
    Playlists button
  6. Select the playlist containing the local music files and press the Available Offline switch at the top.
  7. Available offline slider
  8. A green arrow will appear next to the playlist when it is done syncing
    Offline sync green icon

Also, I suggest leaving the app open (turn off auto lock in iPhone settings) because it can take a while to sync depending on how many local files you have. Sometimes syncing will stop when you close the app.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Yes! That worked. Thanks so much!

You're welcome!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts