Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song limit

Solved!

Song limit

Why does my iOS Spotify app say I have 9862 songs but I get the annoying Epic Collection error when I try to add songs?

Isn't the limit 10k?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ben_leclair,

I'd recommend adding your support to this idea if you would like to see that limit increase.

Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @ben_leclair, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try logging out > restart device > log back in? If you're still having issues, could you let me know your device name and iOS version?

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Logged out, rebooted, same thing; says I have 9864 songs and can't add anymore.

iOS 12.4 iPhone XS Max.

Thanks!

Hey @ben_leclair,

It's possible that the rest are hidden songs that have been removed from Spotify (might have been added back but they're known as new songs added to Spotify) and are greyed out but are not shown by default.

Just go to Settings > Playback > Hide Unplayable Songs and start removing the greyed out ones.

Let me know how that goes 🙂

Thanks, I'll check it out. Having songs I can't play count against my limit doesn't make sense.

Although neither does the 10k limit; Apple Music has 100k. Might be time to check out their three month free trial.
Marked as solution

Hey @ben_leclair,

I'd recommend adding your support to this idea if you would like to see that limit increase.

Thanks 🙂

Done!  Thanks for your advice.  At least I know why there are 150+ songs missing now.

Good news! You can now save an unlimited number of songs and albums in your library. There is no more 10,000 limit for your library.

For more info check out the update on the posted idea and the blog post.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts