Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song stops when iPhone screen goes black

Solved!

Song stops when iPhone screen goes black

I have to keep my iPhone screen active to be able to listen to my music, when the screen goes black the music stops. What should I do?
35 Replies

I closed all apps running in the background and it works

SOLVED: it's not a phone issue, it has to do with a glitch in the application. Try deleting and reinstalling the app from the App Store.

Any update on this? It's a little ridiculous to think all other apps have to be closed in order for Spotify to run. And even still when I have closed all other apps, it still pauses when I lock the phone. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Same problem continues. Waiting for an update or something but it looks like this has been an ongoing problem for years. Does anyone have a definite answer?

Even I am facing this issue. C'mon when we pay for you premium we expect a proper support regarding this issue. Stupid app pauses after 60-80sec everytime I lock the phone regardless if it's downloaded for offline.

worked when i close/swipe shut all other apps

hey.... i closed or swipe shut all other apps and it seems to have worked... i did have around 50 apps running at the time ha ha... i keep this at a minimum now and noticed that my battery has been working much better too 

Thanks, this worked

I closed all the apps and tried it and it worked! Maybe the RAM (Memory) was going overloaded to play while all the apps were open in the background. Long story short it works while the screen is off now. Thanks for suggesting that!

Yes rebooting works. For some reason when I listened to Spotify with my headphones and went away Spotify it would stop playing. I have another music app and tested it to make sure it wasn't my phone the other app kept playing. So I shut it down and the problem was fixed.

Yes the only way to solve it is to clear background and/or reboot phone. This is happening on Deezer as well. I think it’s something to do with the latest update or incompatibility with the apps. I asked the experts in CEX and this is the best they could come up with, still it works albeit that it’s a bit of a nuisance 

Well can you tell us how. We're trying to find solutions....

You have to close background apps turn phone off and start up again that seems to solve the problem for a while. Also all my tracks went missing it fixed this as well. Obviously some incompatibility with app.

Thanks for your reply. I'll give that a try but it seems like we shouldn’t have to go through all that trouble. And with my iPhone X I would think that when I record myself and listen back to it, I shouldn’t have to configure autolock to never so it stays awake in order to continue listening to it. I hope you understand what I mean

You don’t have to keep phone awake wastes the battery, just do the quick phone turn off main and top button and it should fix it for a while, sometimes days

Thanks. It usually keeps playing. I think I'm on the wrong thread. It's my
first time. However, with the iPhone X, and the relatively new iOS 11,
Spotify will play in sleep mode, but the quality isn't the same and it's
difficult to connect to wireless devices and sound like it used to.

I’m using Deezer which is fine and sound is good except for problem of turning off in sleep mode occasionally but it’s free and I can live with that

Suggested posts