Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs Show For A Second, Then Skips Even Though It's Available

Solved!

Songs Show For A Second, Then Skips Even Though It's Available

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System: iOS 11

While I'm using the mobile app, or on any computer, I have encountered songs that show up as Available (they can be searched, clicked on, are not greyed out, can be added to a playlist etc.), yet when I click on them, they show for a split second, and then won't play. A specific example I have encountered is "My Friends Over You" by New Found Glory. If I search the song itself, it will not play when clicked. If it comes up on a shuffle in a playlist, or listening in the album of NFG that it belongs on, it will show the song for that split second, then move to the next song. I'm doubting it's a licensing issue, since all the other songs on the album are working just fine. I have encountered other instances of this happening. Another example is "Semi-Charmed Life" by Third Eye Blind. Is this happening for everyone?

PS: These songs have worked for me in the past, as they are on old playlists. That being said, I'm not sure of a specific date that they stopped working.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here. I tried it myself and they worked fine for me. Try to create another account to see if they work there 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here. I tried it myself and they worked fine for me. Try to create another account to see if they work there 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Hey LorenXK!

I tried the device reboot first, no luck with that. BUT I deleted the app, reinstalled, and the problem is fixed! Thank you so much for your reply, I wouldn't have thought that would be a solution to this particular problem. Cheers!

PS: This was iOS version 11.4.1, and Spotify Version 8.4.62.490. While this solution worked instantly, I did have to redownload all of my "Downloaded" content. All albums/playlists/artists were exactly in the same spot though. Just including this for anyone that reads, might not realize songs streaming, and gets hit with a data charge. 

Suggested posts