Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPod

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Am about to ditch Spotify because the software is so glitchy. I've had weeks of re downloading albums that disappear despite regularly going online. The latest major glitch is beyond me:

My SONG folder used to list only the single songs I have downloaded and the ALBUM folder only listed the albums I downloaded.

I now have an ALBUM folder that lists all my albums BUT also now lists every every album that my dowloaded songs have come from - ridiculous

None of them are showing as downloaded

When I do download a previouly selected album then the tracks now also appear in my SONG folder

How do i get the singles/songs in the SONG folder and the ALBUM folder just showing the downloaded albums?

Using Ipod and Samsung S8, go online regularly and have re installed the apps

Looks like a waste of time and money to me - but would appreciate any help if there's something obvious going on

thanks

8 Replies

Hey @pmwhf, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Are you looking for the Downloads filter?

If so, just like in the screenshots below, swipe down to reveal it:Swipe down and tap on the 3 lines next to the search barSwipe down and tap on the 3 lines next to the search bar

Tap on Downloads to only show downloaded albumsTap on Downloads to only show downloaded albums

Do the same for the Songs folder.

Please let me know how it goes 🙂

Hi loxer

thanks for getting back - appreciated.

No - i can see the filter. Problem is your screen shot says Albums, but mine says ALL albums. My problem is that the folder is full of the albums I have downloaded to play plus all the albums related to the songs I have downloaded.

So the filter is just filtereing a huge mass of names, most of which I dont want to see in the Album filter

Hey @pmwhf,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

Could you attach a screenshot too?

I’m guessing you have the new UI like the free tier one, but want to check the screenshot to be sure.

Please let me know.

Loxer

screenshot attached

It's just changed - didnt have this issue until the weekend. On the screen shot none of these albums are albums I have downlaoded to listen to as albums. They are the "mother" or host albums of the songs I have downloaded 1 by 1.

Note your shot is headed albums, mine is ALL albums

thanks for the interest

Screenshot_20190211-165602_Spotify (002).jpg

Hey @pmwhf,

Thanks for letting me know.

Could you also share a screenshot of Your Library to check how it looks on your end?

Have you tried signing in to another device with similar specs or signing in with another Spotify account on your current device to see if that helps?

It also might be a temporary change which might get reverted, more info on that here.

You can also start a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange about this change to Spotify.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Hi

I have logged onto both my iPod and Samsung S8 - both the same

Library screen shot attached

thanks

Screenshot_20190211-174043_Spotify.jpg

Hey @pmwhf,

Thanks for replying 🙂

As I said, Spotify might be just testing it for a temporary period of time but either way if you would like you can start an idea thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

I'll also send your feedback to the right folks.

Turns out that I have received the "benefits" of a software upgrade. spotify think it's a great idea to:

place all album tracks in my song slibrary - i have to hunt through thousands of lines to find my singles so i can create a playlist

place all the albums from which i have downloaded a single into my albumlibrary - which is now cluttered full of **bleep** so that I cant see my real album content

Software deevelpoment by a monkey...................or have Apple sent in an agent?

Suggested posts